• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Twin Turbo NSX on Ebay

Short gears and a ring and pinion on a 9 lb. Comptech car should even the race.

You can build a quicker car for cheaper than his $65,000 starting bid (who knows what his reserve is):

50,000 mile NSX--$35,000
9 lb. Comptech SC--$11,000 installed
Short Gears/Ring and Pinion--$3800 installed
Total: $49,800

Plus, you'd have Comptech's reputation for reliability on your side.

------------------
Red/Red '91. Comptech Supercharger. RM headers. Comptech exhaust. Short ratio gears. Ring and Pinion swap. RM racing suspension. 18/17 wheels/tires.

I think it's a little different comparing 95-T to a 91. The original list on a 91 was around $65k compared to about $86k on a 95.

In addition the 95 was only available in a T-top and saw a differential change and throttle-by-wire added. This allows the 95 to come out of the corners faster by us weekend drivers. Also the different wheels 16 & 17 versus 16s are a bonus.

I understand that you may not care about the T-top or may want to replace the wheels. But the T-top is valued more generally and a lot of pre-95 owners buy the 95+ OEM wheels. Today the average price difference between a 91 and 95 with the same mileage is over easily over $10k and probably closer to $15k.

Look at ALL the mods to this car besides just the turbo and gears: clutch, flywheel, suspension mods, skirts, wing, spoiler plus a kick ass stereo.

I don't know about the color as I thought midnight pearl was the color in 95 not blue.

Yes you might be able to build a 91 cheaper to compete on performance than a 95 but that is not the question. The question is this car worth the price?

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 25 October 2000).]

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I know the guy personally and rode in the car before. The car is awesomely fast. Compare to the Comptech Supercharger with the 9lb pulley, this car pulls stronger.

I've never ridden in the car, but that does not make sense. The ad and related links claim it has around 400 HP (they all seem to have a different exact number - they also don't seem to realize the color is Midnight Pearl, not Monaco Blue). Anyway, a Comptech SC car with 9lb pulley should have at least 400 HP at the crank, probably a little more.

If you go to the links mentioned in the auction to read more and see more pics, it also says it is a 93 in the heading...... Mistakes everywhere.....not very exacting.

------------------
Todd Arnold
Pls. visit my newly redone NSX site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

This car is missing one very important upgrade: "BIG BRAKES"!. Looks like lots of effort is spent on the turbo, body, and sound system,but the brake only get the paint treatment. With advertised 402 hp and the added weight of the sound system, this car needs some Brembo, AP, etc....

UNLESS, I'm mistaken with the NISSIN/SPOON front big brake system (which comes in that color) that's available in Japan, but I doubt it.

Hmmmm....I just recently seen pictures of this car on OverBoost.com, car looks good, and got real confused with the 93, then now it says 95, and it said "Monaco Blue Pearl" Which, as you can tell, isn't the color, so it that really Midnight Pearl?? That looks so so dark, I was hoping it would be a little bit lighter, and, at another angle, it looks blue...I was thinking of getting this one, thanks to Nsxotic and Nsxtasy, they have located me one, but I couldn't get it, and now that I see pictures of it...I have my doubts, the color doesn't look all that great...I saw a picture of a Honda NSX, looks like it's from the UK, and it has Ivory Interior, with a H Emblem, and the Purple color of it, was very nice, it was dark, but it was a great purple, if someone know what I'm talking about...Please tell me, ehhehehe, maybe I wanna import that one, it is left hand drive....so yeah....
smile.gif
Thanks

Had to let everyone know yuandis is at it again with his '95 Twin turbo NSX on e-bay.com except NOW the starting minimum bid is at $71,950.

No bids yet so hurry up and get your checkbooks out. Only 5 days left for the bidding. Ha Ha

hahahah!!!!! That's the SAME NSX on eBay!!! Now...I'm trying to figure out WHY he wants to get rid of this piece of fine machinary, I wouldn't mind getting his car, it's just the price....hehe! I still hope to get my NSX soon....arrrghhh.... *sigh* I always see this 93 Sebring Silver NSX around my city....Man, I always check out his car...LOL! Then, there was this '00 Monaco Blue Pearl NSX-T, Brand new, rolling on the street, OMG!! I have died and gone to heaven.....hehe
biggrin.gif

Hello Everyone,
Please allow me to introduce myself,my name is Bruce Nomura builder of Yuandi's NSX which seems to be in question. First off the NSX is for sale, due to other obligations owner needed a bigger car and is left with no other choice.Yuandi and myself personally hate to see this car go. Though let me assure you who ever gets this car will get the best of all deals.This 1995 Limited Edition Midnight Pearl NSX-T is one of 300 ever produced.I saw a similar stock NSX in the DuPont Registry w/31,000mi going for$110,000 dollars!(go figure)typical 1995 NSX's are going for $55-$65,000 dollars.Believe me it would be a steal if this car sells at $75,000 dollars!
Mileage? Nothing to be ashamed of,how could you not want to drive it.It's a Honda it was meant to be driven.No leaks,dried seals or gummy fuel deposits associated with cars that aren't driven enough.I can assure you this car runs as good if not better than most lower mileage cars.This car has been carefully monitored after installation of turbos and has been meticulously maintained since day one.
Horsepower? I really have no idea,never had an opportunity to dyno it. Since publishing's ask for figures because readers demand them we gave our honest estimate.I've dynoed Turbo RX-7's at 320hp-410hp,Supra's at 425hp-600+, I doubt my estimates are too far off.400hp or 425hp does it really matter? Dyno figures given are usually peak horsepower,a fraction of what really is to be learned from a dyno run.The power of this NSX is very linear and easy to predict, no sudden bursts of power, common to turbo cars.There is virtually no lag, power is very aggressive yet smooth and stable very deceiving. No turbo rush so you don't realize how fast your going until you look at the speedometer or see the 395hp Modena in your mirror which was aside you at one time.So when that Modena asks you how much hp you have I'm sure he won't question you if you said 500hp.Like Andrie says,"the car is awesomely fast",words not to be taken lightly.Andrie is not your typical NSX owner, he races his own modified NSX on a regular basis.He also rode back to back in this 6psi. TT-NSX and a 9psi Supercharged NSX w/gears that supposedly puts out 400hp,(go figure)and clearly felt the TT-NSX was faster.
The power spools from twin Aerodyne Aerochargers which are patented variable vane
turbochargers that offer everything of standard turbos without the lag.I too was in doubt before installing them, but now I'm just amazed with their performance and reliability!I'm currently trying to develop a twin Aerocharged Lexus GS400.I wonder why they aren't in bigger demand? 5psi of boost at 2200RPM can be attained in .25 seconds,a Vortech/Paxton Supercharger develops 2psi of boost at 2200RPM and takes 1 full second! The Aerochargers develop full boost(set at 6psi)at 2700RPM while Comptech's S/C builds 3psi at 3000RPM. I'm not knocking Comptech's fine piece of equipment(I have the up-most respect for them and fully endorse their products)these are just the facts. Superchargers are solely dependent on RPM and as all you NSX owners know, nothing happens below 5000RPM until the V-Tech kicks in, which in turn also bring your S/C to full swing. The Aerochargers aid the NSX where it needs the most help-low end.This car accelerates as hard in 4th gear at 3000RPM as the Paxton/Vortech based unit can in 3rd gear at any RPM.The car is actually much more drivable than stock, especially around town.For this reason alone I would opt for the Aerochargers.
Gears? No thank you,too much to soon already
Under normal driving conditions fuel consumption has improved 1-2mpg and sacrificing top end takes the thrill away.
As Hejo noted, there's more to this car besides turbos. Take another look at the interior,especially the center dash and console.The factory clock has been replaced w/Blitz Dual Turbo Timer.Just below the vents are 3 hand polished GReddy 60mm gauges(air/fuel,boost,fuel pressure)with Data Link and below the Sony head unit are 3 more hand polished HKS 52mm gauges(2exhaust temp,front&rear exhaust banks,1 water temp)Mounted on steering column is GReddy's fully adjustable RebicIII which controls 2 additional high resistance NipponDenso 550cc injectors.We won't even start with the audio system which cleverly mounts 2 8" SoloBaric sub-woofers. Cramming all of this into an already limited cockpit, following fit, form and function and calling it a simple mod would be a huge under-statement if not a direct insult.The interior work alone was a huge task aside the engine work, suspension work and body parts modification and install.Even getting genuine parts from Japan including the Amemiya Wheels with correct offsets was a nightmare! For those who feel they can easily duplicate all of this probably has enough experience to only change a shift knob and for that matter should only be allowed to talk about issues of equal value.I hope I didn't offend anyone too much,but knowing how much I've put into this car I deserve to vent a little. As they say, if you dish it out you better be prepared to eat it.Thanks for your time
Bruce

eek.gif
whoa...that's the longest post I have EVER seen.....Bruce....I want that NSX.......*sigh* too bad I can't afford it...care to do a payment plan??? no really....i'm not kidding....YAAAH???

Hey Bruce,

How much boost is that TT NSX making? Is it possible to lower the compression and run higher boost? Also how much would it cost to get a TT system from you? Including labor?

Just curious.

That clears up a lot of things about the car! I was puzzled by a 400 HP TT car being significantly faster than a 400 HP SC car, but the 400 on the TT was just an estimate and the car is probably stronger than that. The SC dynos show a strong flat torque curve across a pretty wide RPM range too, but not at the very low end.

It's a shame there isn't a dyno chart - it would be interesting to see.

I wonder if he has the bell kit? I agree with the SC/turbo comparison and I recently noticed that the GruppeM SC kit compensates for the lack of lower end by using smaller pully but use a bypass to allow only 7psi, which produce the boost faster but still not too much.(I think)

Back