• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Acura Car Cover or SOS Car Cover ???

I personally prefer the red SOS cover, but I have the OEM as well and love it too. Buy both :)

What do you intend to use the cover for? If you want a good indoor cover for when the car is in the garage, I like the factory cover. You can get it for $168 including lock cable and carry bag.

For outdoor use, I'd go with an all weather cover. Do a search and weigh the options.

Custom-made car covers - and I'm using the term for car covers made for a specific car, rather than "one size fits all" covers you get at Wal-Mart - are available in a wide variety of fabrics. Some are softer than others; some are more durable than others; some compress into a smaller package than others; some offer better protection against rain and/or sunlight; some are thick, layered fabrics that also offer protection against dings; etc. You can look at the website of the big car cover vendors, like California Car Cover or Big Sky Car Cover to see the advantages and disadvantages of each fabric, to see which one fits your needs best. (Big Sky offers 11 different fabrics, California offers 9 different fabrics.)

I'm not sure what fabric the OEM car cover is made of. Science of Speed actually offers two different car covers, a "satin stretch" cover for indoor use, and an all-weather cover for outdoor use. I'm not sure exactly what fabric those are made of, either.

i got the factory cover and serves me well....inside the garage though. not outdoors.

In your opinion, which is the better car cover to purchase, the factory OEM car cover from Acura or the Science of Speed Car cover for the NSX, and why?

Thanks

Ian

I use the factory indoor car cover, it has a soft feel, bag, lock. If you must park outside Costco has an outdoor carcover for $29 its insulated and says rain gaurd.

Car cover

What do you intend to use the cover for? If you want a good indoor cover for when the car is in the garage, I like the factory cover. You can get it for $168 including lock cable and carry bag.

For outdoor use, I'd go with an all weather cover. Do a search and weigh the options.

Where can I Buy the factory cover for $168
Best Regards

Back