• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Performance - Seems low, could something be wrong?

All,

I ran my 91 at the 1/4 mile track yesterday to get a baseline understanding.

It has a CTSC (installed in 2001, so I can assume the old whipple style), CT Headers and exhaust and I'm positive its on the low boost setup. 68k miles, no smoke, no slipping clutch. Blower belt seems fairly tight.

I ran a 12.9 @ 105.98 or something to that effect with a decent 1.9 60ft. Temps were pretty toasty at 92 degrees. Blower temp after sitting for an hour before this best run was about 137F. Track is Steele, Alabama. So I don't see any elevation issues.

Does something sound wrong here? The trap speed seems abyssmal, let alone the ET. I looked up some numbers from other users but found alot of Autorotor blowers rather than the whipple.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Daniel

^^ That's my next step :)

I seem to recall that this blower setup should put down around 300-320whp on average (dynojet). Sound right?

^^ That's my next step :)

I seem to recall that this blower setup should put down around 300-320whp on average (dynojet). Sound right?

DO a search on the whipple SC. I have the old style on mine, '92.. headers center exit exhaust taitec, 17 18 setup Volks 346-350 rwhp.

Your 60' time is close to as good as it gets, I would have no regret with that 60' time with street tires, but your trap speed seem low IMHO. 105mph is strange, that is trap speed of a none-FI nsx with I/H/E.

Prime member "The Kid" trap 117mph. He is running similar low boost whipple set up.

His time is 12.52 @ 117. I would put my money on you that you have faster 60' then he did. His best effort stock was 13.8sec.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=781934&postcount=16

1/4mile time with 6lb whipple set up by Factor X

Your 60' time is close to as good as it gets, I would have no regret with that 60' time with street tires, but your trap speed seem low IMHO. 105mph is strange, that is trap speed of a none-FI nsx with I/H/E.

Prime member "The Kid" trap 117mph. He is running similar low boost whipple set up.

His time is 12.52 @ 117. I would put my money on you that you have faster 60' then he did. His best effort stock was 13.8sec.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=781934&postcount=16

1/4mile time with 6lb whipple set up by Factor X

Good info! Thanks! I searched even deeper last night on the whipple and I'm convinced that my car feels less than the 320-340whp that all of these people have on the basic kit.

I'm going to do a compression check as soon as possible to verify my motor.

-Daniel

I'd dyno the car. It's the ultimate, no guessing game way to tell how much power your putting down. I was running high 12's, low 13's in my car but my clutch seemed to be slipping when I was really banging the gears. What rim/tires setup are you running? Do you have a A/F gauge? What ECM are you running?

That's a decent 1/4 mile time but I'd get the car dyno'd. Your good ET probably had alot to do with your launch/driving. Trap speeds are a good indication of the power the car is putting out and you should be trapping alot higher.

Compression done today over lunch. Great results!

Plugs all had medium brown tint, no oil, no carbon.

I noticed I could push the blower belt in with my finger about half of an inch. Seems snuggish, but maybe it should be tighter?

Booking a dyno appointment for this week to get a baseline.

Thanks,

Daniel

I ran my Autorotor last week in San Antonio, the best I did was 13.2 at 110.59 mph. It has the stock clutch and 1-2 and 2-3 slipped a little. Do you think a good clutch will get it into the 12's? Seems like 110 mph should be in the 12's

Back