• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Atlanta ppl......about the Oct. meet at Stone Mtn...

Hello all,

I just found this site and was shocked to see my work place on the home page...lol.

One day in Oct, I had just arrived to work, on evening watch, when I notice 4 NSX' over a 10 minute period, so now I am looking around thinking there is a meet here somewhere..lol.
smile.gif

I am unable to locate anything...so I'm thinking I missed it!

Anyway...if you haven't figured it out, I am a Police Officer there.
smile.gif
I am also a Honda enthusiast that spends some of my off time auto-x or even drag racing. I prefer to auto-x...but that ends up costing me more wear and tear...so I drag race a lot which is less exciting but a lot less expensive on parts.
smile.gif

Anyway, I just happened onto this site and see a pic of one of my fellow officers and his motor...lol.
smile.gif

I CAN'T believe they didn't say a word to me about this meet, they know how I am about Hondas..especially NSX' and S2000'.

Guess they knew I would be useless on the road if I knew..
wink.gif

If and when you guys ever come back..feel free to drop me an e mail...I'll take the day off.
biggrin.gif

BTW..the link below will take you to my car.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC modified n/a

www.hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=4490&gen=4&orderby=

00 Accord SE

One day in Oct, I had just arrived to work, on evening watch, when I notice 4 NSX' over a 10 minute period, so now I am looking around thinking there is a meet here somewhere..lol.
smile.gif

I am unable to locate anything...so I'm thinking I missed it!

NSXPO is the annual, national gathering of the NSX Club of America. NSXPO 2000 took place in Atlanta October 20-24. It included brunch at the Stone Mountain Inn. There were over 100 (yes, ONE HUNDRED) NSX's parked on the lawn behind the Inn for a photo opp.

More info about NSXPO 2000 at the NSX Club of America website at http://www.nsxca.org and also on the FAQ portion of this forum.

Unfortunately I haven't found a track around where I live that I can find out the top speed.

Before the internal work was done I ran a best 1/4 mile of [email protected]. That was with $6,000 worth of modifications, prior to Kauffman Motor Sports internal build. I am hoping to cut a good bit off from that time now.

The stock top speed was listed at 140+ by most magazines, so I would guess with the extensive work done to the motor that it should run over 150, maybe around 155, with the current gearing before bumping the limiter at 8,000 rpms in 5th.

I only wish Georgia had a Peach State Classic, like Nevadas Silver State Classic, then maybe I could find out for sure.

Road Atlanta is probably the fastest place I can run here.

Back