• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kansas City Drive Sun. Oct.21

OK guys, if you all have recuperated from our "autobaun" run to Springfield, how about doing one of our own? Been a while. Like last year? For those of you who haven't been with us before we do a "spirited" drive in the country (back road twisties) that lasts about 2-3 hours. We start at Panera Bread on the NE corner of hwys. 291 and 40 in Independence, MO. Be there about 9 AM and we will depart precisely at 9:30 AM. Bring your 2-way radios to keep in touch and be sure to fill up first. We usually do lunch somewhere afterwards. Obviously weather dependent. Let me know if this date works for you. Gary :biggrin:

If I'm back in town I'll try and make it. I may not be getting back until late
Saturday though.

Would definitely like to get another run in before Winter.

Pete, where the H@#$ have you been? You missed a great run down to Springfield. Gary

Pete, where the H@#$ have you been? You missed a great run down to Springfield. Gary

Tell me about it! :mad: I had planned a family trip that weekend. I was trying real hard to come up with a good excuse to change that trip. I knew the Springfield run was going to be a good one. I just had to live it vicariously through the posts. I am more than ready to get out!

Pete

I am actually considering coming to this under slightly different conditions than normal... :D

As much as I love to drive these cruises, I was thinking about seeing about riding shotgun with one of you NSX guys if anyone has an open seat? Would love to take a spirited ride in one for a long period of time to see what the NSX is all about... As you guys know, I've been throwing around the (very unwise) decision about selling my Z and getting an NSX--especially after seeing Joseph's again today @ the Buffalo Run.

I know, i think if i sold all my modifications i think i could have just bought 2 NSX's:eek: One of my female friends asked me being single what my next car was going to be and i told her "another NSX" you should have saw her face.:mad: You can ride w/ me Pete if you want but i have some tunning issues to deal w/. Also, my car does'nt drive like a factory NSX as i have done about everything comptech has for it into this car. I also have a flat spot in my powerband. I'm waiting on putting in a HKS F-Con V Pro to take care of this.

Ya know, I've been doing some thinking, and if I come out, I'll just drive, lol. :) It wouldn't be smart for me to buy an NSX at such a young age, and I don't need to ride shotgun in one all day to make the temptation to make a big mistake worse, hehe! :biggrin:

Joseph, I appreciate the offer for sure... I would like to get a ride in that beast just to see how quick she is though! (And maybe a run or two on the cruise? :D)

I'm leaning more and more towards coming out, though! Would you guys mind if a buddy in a Civic Si (Josh... Gary I think you've met him before! He sold ya some Insight tires! :)) comes out too? His bro might bring a Z06 (came out when we drove out to KS) and a buddy of mine in a G35C (Comes to all the Drive in the Country stuff... prob remember him too, heh!) as well if that's okay!

Last edited:
when your older? how old are you? I got mine when i was 25 yrs old:biggrin:

Hello all!!

I doubt that I will be able to make it this Sunday. My passenger side rear tire developed a slow leak due to a big nail I picked up on the Springfield drive. :mad: I hope I can find time later this week to patch it up and then monitor it before going on a drive. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Hello all!!

I doubt that I will be able to make it this Sunday. My passenger side rear tire developed a slow leak due to a big nail I picked up on the Springfield drive. :mad: I hope I can find time later this week to patch it up and then monitor it before going on a drive. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

That sucks John! Hopefully she patches up okay and you can still make it out...

By the way, not to thread jack, but you'll be happy to know...

1574248038_20fb400e65_b.jpg

1573367901_9c330366dc_b.jpg

1573380205_d895297bd3_b.jpg

:) :) There's a new Z in town. :D

Pete,

Very nice!! I love the black 5 spokes. Is this your new Z, or does this one replace your father's copper '05? Was that one totaled? Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

Pete,

Very nice!! I love the black 5 spokes. Is this your new Z, or does this one replace your father's copper '05? Was that one totaled? Thanks.

John
'91 Red/Ivory

You crazy? When I get rid of my Z, I'm buying an NSX, not a 350Z!! :D :D :D :D

Indeed, it is my dad's car, and the old LeMans Sunset car was unfortunately totalled. As you saw, cosmetically, it wasn't terrible, but once we got it on a lift, insurance essentially assumed the motor was done (didn't attempt to find out for sure) due to the oil pan being torn off, and there was pretty extensive front suspension damage. Very unfortunate situation, but like I said the day it happened, I'm just extremely thankful that they were both okay, and I'm especially glad that he's back in a Z so soon. :)

In the short run, some nice differences that he's benefitting from in the 2007 Z vs. his old 2005 are bi-xenon headlights, LED taillights, XM Sat Radio, and most importantly, the new VQ35HR engine making 306 hp vs. 287 hp before. He also now has front and rear spoilers, unlike before. :) Needless to say, he's enjoying it tons and is just thrilled to be back in a Z!

On another subject, I may just have to own up and buy an NSX now, lol. 'Ol Dan (Viper club, 93 RT10) is talking a little smack about them again saying they're not as capeable of a track car that people make them out to be, and (subtlely) saying that the Viper is faster around HPT, MAM, etc. You have no idea how badly I want to prove him wrong. :D

Hello all!!

John
'91 Red/Ivory

John! Break down and buy some new tires! How many years have you got on those now?:smile:

Shaun

On another subject, I may just have to own up and buy an NSX now, lol. 'Ol Dan (Viper club, 93 RT10) is talking a little smack about them again saying they're not as capeable of a track car that people make them out to be, and (subtlely) saying that the Viper is faster around HPT, MAM, etc. You have no idea how badly I want to prove him wrong. :D

Just have him take a look at Chinmotorsports cars those guys that do all the track events. I never seen them personally but everyone is affraid of those cars at the track. Even the porsche guys tell me this. BTW-I may only be able to stop by in the morning. I have another deadline that got pushed to monday.

Everythings looking good. The rain is not supposed to come in till Sun. night. I posted over on the Ferrari forums and emailed Jerry Dobson(Vipers) so we'll see who shows. Acutally I got a reponse from some Bimmers saying they may attend. See you guys in the morning. Gary:biggrin:

Great drive except for the rocks...Sorry Pete, and the last distraction. Gary, check you messages for a question I have for you.

Wish I could have made this one. I'm not sure I want to know what happened at the end though :frown:

Did anyone get any photos?

Wish I could have made this one. I'm not sure I want to know what happened at the end though :frown:

Did anyone get any photos?

I don't know if anyone got photos, but my buddy got a little video... Once he gets it ripped, I'll be sure to post it up! (So you guys can hear a ton of wind noise and my annoying BOVs... Cause that's seriously about the only things you can hear in the vid, lol)

Back