• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Houston NSX sightings

Can we get this stickied?

Saw an NA1 formula red with a gray haired gentleman driving on I-10 heading west past Fry road around 3:45pm.

Re: **Official Houston NSX sightings**

Saw a black nsx driving down hw6 on 11/8/07 with a African American gentleman:confused: .

Saw a silver NA1 with after market wheels and an older gentleman driving the nsx on kirckwood and memorial 11/4/07

Saw a black nsx driving down hw6 on 11/8/07 with a African American gentleman:confused: .

1st, the term would be Black gentleman, not African American...unless he/I were born in Africa, moved to the U.S., and then became a citizen of the United States. 2nd, why are you :confused: , is the NSX a car only for certain people? Please clarify. The reason I say he or I is because I was on Hwy 6 friday the 9th, but it wasn't on the 8th which was Thursday...therefore it must be another gentleman.

Last edited:
It has already been a couple of days since I replied to tjobeid's comment. No clarification to his posted comment has allowed me to confirm my thoughts and beliefs of his implications in his chosen words!

Gman

tjobeid has had run ins on the forum previously. I didn't want to comment on his sighting due to what I thought he was insinuating (you must've thought the same thing). I hope he clears it up because the Houston chapter is a decent group of guys (at least all of the ones I've met...and I haven't met tjobeid)

Gman

tjobeid has had run ins on the forum previously. I didn't want to comment on his sighting due to what I thought he was insinuating (you must've thought the same thing). I hope he clears it up because the Houston chapter is a decent group of guys (at least all of the ones I've met...and I haven't met tjobeid)

Tjobeid is a young buck that doesn't own a NSX. I've met him once and from what I understand, he wants to own a NSX one day. He is neighbors with one of our local NSXer's.

And yes, we have a very diverse group of NSXer's here. I've met and befriended all races of NSX owners in my time.

Btw, I'm brown myself. :smile:

Regards,
- Z

Thanks for the replies guys. I truthfully was not trying to "start" anything and gave him the benefit of doubt and asked him to clarify. He hasn't, and that has allowed me to draw up my own conclusions.

Last edited:
I cant say this was too recent but its a sighting none the less.I was on i-10 going West just a little pass Normandy/Federal exits.Im cruising on the freeway when I break my neck staring at a black NSX.I think it had wheels but it most definately had an exhaust.This was also close to the Budweiser factory were i-10 & 610 meet.I was in my turbo s2k.I kinda got the feeling he wanted to line it up but i didnt :biggrin:

I cant say this was too recent but its a sighting none the less.I was on i-10 going West just a little pass Normandy/Federal exits.Im cruising on the freeway when I break my neck staring at a black NSX.I think it had wheels but it most definately had an exhaust.This was also close to the Budweiser factory were i-10 & 610 meet.I was in my turbo s2k.I kinda got the feeling he wanted to line it up but i didnt :biggrin:

I work by the Budweiser off I-10 west and 610. Not sure where Normandy/Federal exits are. :smile:

But, I wouldn't have tried lining up with you.

Z

Alex is talking about the other side of I-10 East of downtown. It wasn't you.

Yes Matt very true,I live on the eastside. :)

Oh yeah I also saw a black or green,im not 100% sure,nsx passing a BBQ place I was eating at.Its on Freeport St. off i-10 also.It had the orange nsx spare on the front.I was kinda surprised to see it in the neighborhood "cloverleaf." Its kinda....ghetto.lol

Saw a black NSx with an Exhaust on WESTHIMER AND HW 6 around 7.06pm11/29/07

Saw a black NSx with an Exhaust on WESTHIMER AND HW 6 around 7.06pm11/29/07

That was me. I was on my way to a friends place to watch the game. I live down Westheimer. :smile:

1st, the term would be Black gentleman, not African American...unless he/I were born in Africa, moved to the U.S., and then became a citizen of the United States. 2nd, why are you :confused: , is the NSX a car only for certain people? Please clarify. The reason I say he or I is because I was on Hwy 6 friday the 9th, but it wasn't on the 8th which was Thursday...therefore it must be another gentleman.

1st. If i would have said black gentlemen , you probably would have said the same thing , so African American didnt seem racist to me .2nd i was across the street i can tell if the guy was African American or a "BLACK GENTLEMEN".

3rd where on earth did you get "s the NSX a car only for certain people?" from .
The nsx is for NSX lovers not a specific race or age you have people any where between 21-60 and many races that own nsx so i think you took it the wrong way im sorry if i offended you but i didn't mean for you to take it that way.

It has already been a couple of days since I replied to tjobeid's comment. No clarification to his posted comment has allowed me to confirm my thoughts and beliefs of his implications in his chosen words!
and gave him the benefit of doubt and asked him to clarify. He hasn't, and that has allowed me to draw up my own conclusions.

As it was mentioned before im not an NSX owner yet so i really dont get on every day , i do try to get on a few times a month . you shouldn't make choices for people. :cool:

Its been 3 days you didn't reply to my comments , but im not putting words in your my head that you didn't say like you did to me:rolleyes:

Its been 3 days you didn't reply to my comments , but im not putting words in your my head that you didn't say like you did to me:rolleyes:

I didn't reply to you because I was trying to avoid any issues...but since you're looking for a reply, I'll give you one. You mention that you were across the street and can see if someone is African American or not? :rolleyes: How is that? African and American are BOTH nationalities and NOT races...therefore cannot be the same. You basically said that I would have argued the same point had you just called me black rather than African American...not true. I was only bringing to your attention that it is incorrect and not the same to use such terms that are wrong to ME, a Black man...not African. The issue was not that you were incorrect...it's the fact that you left the :confused: , which made me wonder what you were trying to say! If you type something on the internet, the responsibility rests upon you to deliver your point that is interpreted as best as possible to the readers. You typed very little, which left me to draw my own conclusions. If you were in MY shoes, stumbled across what was typed as a "Houston sighting", what would you think? (There wasn't much room for any other thoughts, and I am not the only one who THOUGHT similar things). I never accused you of being anything, nor did I bad-mouth you...in fact, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and even asked if you would clarify your statement so that I could see things from YOUR viewpoint. Just go back and read what you typed 1st, and then read my reply, and you'll see.

I didn't reply to you because I was trying to avoid any issues...but since you're looking for a reply, I'll give you one. You mention that you were across the street and can see if someone is African American or not? :rolleyes: How is that? African and American are BOTH nationalities and NOT races...therefore cannot be the same. You basically said that I would have argued the same point had you just called me black rather than African American...not true. I was only bringing to your attention that it is incorrect and not the same to use such terms that are wrong to ME, a Black man...not African. The issue was not that you were incorrect...it's the fact that you left the :confused: , which made me wonder what you were trying to say! If you type something on the internet, the responsibility rests upon you to deliver your point that is interpreted as best as possible to the readers. You typed very little, which left me to draw my own conclusions. If you were in MY shoes, stumbled across what was typed as a "Houston sighting", what would you think? (There wasn't much room for any other thoughts, and I am not the only one who THOUGHT similar things). I never accused you of being anything, nor did I bad-mouth you...in fact, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and even asked if you would clarify your statement so that I could see things from YOUR viewpoint. Just go back and read what you typed 1st, and then read my reply, and you'll see.
Look man , im not here for any problems or to waist each others time. I never but what im saying is if i would have said a black gentlemen then someone would have said "oh why do they have to be black " and i didn't want it to come out that way.And if i said "AFRICAN AMERICAN" then it just sounded a little better. Anyways im sorry if i offended you , i didn't mean for it to come out the way it did , i was just trying to bring my point across.
...Lets just move on.

DPG, I think I saw you last night (Christmas Day) all the way down Westheimer near Katy. I was on my way home and only caught a glimpse...

Back