• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Flip-up Headlight cover removal technique?

Anyone have any tips on removing the headlight covers? The manual says to tape up and infers that you can pull the covers lower "hoop" thru the rubber strip between the lens and the front bumper cover. Doesn't look possible to me. Any help? Thanks!

Anyone have any tips on removing the headlight covers? The manual says to tape up and infers that you can pull the covers lower "hoop" thru the rubber strip between the lens and the front bumper cover. Doesn't look possible to me. Any help? Thanks!

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing here. The headlights have a button in the cabin when pressed raised the lights to the " ON " position where you can access the screws which hold the cover on which are hidden under a small clip on cover. Oh and dont forget you will have to raise the front hood to do this as well.

The headlights are up, the hood is up. I have the screws out and the cover is loose. The covers front loop under the headlight lens caught below and under the lens and the short rubber strip on the bumber cover. The Helms manual has a diagram thats pretty much useless and it tells you tape up that rubber strip area and a non-sensical removal arrow. If I yank this thing out, it is not going to be pretty. I'm missing some trick. Thanks

I found these covers in the sale section. This person didn't know the trick either, notice the one on the left

cover.jpg

There are 4 10mm bolts that secure the headlight assembly to the bracket. If you remove the 2 front ones and loosen the rear 2, then you can pivot the headlight assembly up, giving you more clearance to remove the headlight cover.

I've taken mine off about 10 times. Just unbolt the headlight (4 10mm bolts) as well as the covers (4 screws) and you can tilt it forward, up and out.

Last night I stumbled on what many of you said, to take off the 4 headlight assy screws which gives you just enough clearance to get it out. Thanks!

Back