• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Percentage of 11-15 year old cars still on road

Well I don't believe the 98.7 % of Porsches after 11-15 years. There haven't been only 1.3 % unrecoverable crashes with these fast cars.

yeah, but many of their owners are probably too arrogant to get rid of them
as long as it says 'porsche' on it...:rolleyes:

still - that number is wrong

I'm happy do drive a Honda NSX, not an Acura NSX: higher survival rate.
So now I can get rid of the airbag, ABS, put on crappy tires and drive like an idiot. Certainly with a Porsche :tongue:

"So keeping these old smokers on the road is definitely not good for the environment."
What is more polluting? Driving a 15 year old car (with how many miles per year) or manufacturing a new car and recycling the old one wasting energy and material.:confused:

Spin Doctoring at its best...

DesRosiers Automotive is probably biased and sponsored or helped along the way by the Automotive Giants such as Ford, GM, Chrylser, etc. with sagging new car sales. This is exactly the news they want put to everyone:

"Old cars are bad for the environment, look come buy one of our new shiny better for the environment cars"...

"A current model year emits 98 per cent less toxins into the air than a vehicle bought 15 years ago,"

What a bunch of bullshit.
Emissions have improved, but not all that much.
Mileage has little improved over the past 30 years.
(Any why is that? most here probably know)
I think my dads old Rabbit diesel pickup got better mileage
than most hybrids today. (high 40's)(low 50's)
I am so sick of being lied to................

"A current model year emits 98 per cent less toxins into the air than a vehicle bought 15 years ago,"

What a bunch of bullshit.
Emissions have improved, but not all that much.
Mileage has little improved over the past 30 years.
(Any why is that? most here probably know)
I think my dads old Rabbit diesel pickup got better mileage
than most hybrids today. (high 40's)(low 50's)
I am so sick of being lied to................
LOL at diesel. I remember when it was cheaper than the lowest grade gasoline. Now it's more than premium. What a shame.:frown:

Back