• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Home Theater experts: Bose Cinemate system question

No highs, no lows must be Bose!

You can do much, much better for the same price or less.

Actually, plenty of high, plenty of low, but not extreme on both ends, and ABSOLUTELY no midrange!!!

Look for other products. I don agree with CL65 Captain. I was in the Home audio biz for over 15 years and BOSE is known for their marketing, not sound quality. You don't need to go big have a nice sound system, and you don't need to spend "BOSE" money to get better sound quality.

FYI, it is so bad, why then did Ferrari just make them the exclusive supplier of audio systems for their cars?? Just good marketing there too?
If the products are so bad then how has the company seemed to last so long and continue to develop new relationships with different auto manufacturers?
JDM,
If you are happy with your Lifestyle system then that is all that matters.

you're kidding right? Bose is in the NSX. Can someone with MORE TIME than me please post up all 3000 links to people unhappy with their NSX bose stereo? Thanks.

you're kidding right? Bose is in the NSX. Can someone with MORE TIME than me please post up all 3000 links to people unhappy with their NSX bose stereo? Thanks.

I don't have the BOSE system in my car anymore. To an extent, I don't really care what system comes in my car becuase I used to take it out anyway.
I have however kept the ELS system in my new TL as it plays DVD audio's and sounds very good.
So nobody has to look up the 3k posts you were refering to.:smile:

Great thread. I'm looking for a system as well.

The problem I face are solid wood floors and walls (by that I mean real wood floors and walls, most of it 3/4" thick). Not very acoustically friendly, that's for sure. My entire house, except for two bedrooms, is hardwood.

What can I do to reduce echos? Rugs on the floors? Wall hangings? Just bite the bullet and put down carpet?

Great thread. I'm looking for a system as well.

The problem I face are solid wood floors and walls (by that I mean real wood floors and walls, most of it 3/4" thick). Not very acoustically friendly, that's for sure. My entire house, except for two bedrooms, is hardwood.

What can I do to reduce echos? Rugs on the floors? Wall hangings? Just bite the bullet and put down carpet?

You can do a lot. Rugs, curtains (thick), furniture, quilts on the wall, anything soft absorbs sound. You can also get actual sonic absorbers and place them on the ceiling or walls. You can cover then in any fabric you like. They will do a lot. Do a search for "ultratouch batting" and buy a roll, and then make a thin box for it and lay some in there. Cover with any fabric you like from a fabric place. Its cheap, its environmentally friendly and safe to touch/breathe, and will absorb sound like nothing else. You can do both sides for even more of an affect. Just suspend an inch or two from the ceiling (or lower if you want). Carpet only absorbs fairly high frequencies... which is OK... if you carpet use the "felt" (hair) type pad underneath in as thick as you can find. Don't use that foam padding, it does nothing. Some absorption will not only make the system sound better, it will make the room a more comfortable place to live in.

You can do a lot. Rugs, curtains (thick), furniture, quilts on the wall, anything soft absorbs sound. You can also get actual sonic absorbers and place them on the ceiling or walls. You can cover then in any fabric you like. They will do a lot. Do a search for "ultratouch batting" and buy a roll, and then make a thin box for it and lay some in there. Cover with any fabric you like from a fabric place. Its cheap, its environmentally friendly and safe to touch/breathe, and will absorb sound like nothing else. You can do both sides for even more of an affect. Just suspend an inch or two from the ceiling (or lower if you want). Carpet only absorbs fairly high frequencies... which is OK... if you carpet use the "felt" (hair) type pad underneath in as thick as you can find. Don't use that foam padding, it does nothing. Some absorption will not only make the system sound better, it will make the room a more comfortable place to live in.

Thanks! I'll look it up.

Back