• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Only smog station in bay area?

Re: TEST ONLY SMOG STATION in bay area?

depends on where you live, there's a 76 gas station with test only by saratoga ave and 280, the guy let me back my car up from the back of build so i dont have to worry about the front lip.

paid $78.00 out the door (thanks for BAR's stupid evap charge $10), the guy seems easy to work with, even with intake & exhaust...

I've talked to the owner and secured a GREAT deal for NSX Prime Members. $50 Out the door! Free Wifi too!

Lowered cars are ok. Engines should not be highly modified though. Just bring in your car and mention you saw the ad on NSX Prime. Questions? Just call them for details.

http://www.sromagazine.com/article1177.html

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Just received my DMV renewal notice.....
will need to smog my car.

thanks for the post and thanks for all the positive comments

but is he really as careful to the cars as everyone ses?

i'm very anal about my car and even more so anal when it comes to a mechanic jumping in my car.
My interior is yellow, and it gets dirty even without trying.
Last time i took my car in Acura there were some dirt marks on my door panel, i guess they kicked the door when trying to get out :mad:

Last edited:

i'm very anal about my car and even more so anal when it comes to a mechanic jumping in my car.
Last time i took my car in Acura there were some dirt marks on my door panel, i guess they kicked the door when trying to get out :mad:

Will,i just got my mine 3 days ago an it's $$$$..not a good time ,,,alms. on an on on..........see you at the races :eek:.......Bill

Last edited:

Will,i just got my mine 3 days ago an it's $$$$..not a good time ,,,alms. on an on on..........see you at the races :eek:.......Bill

uhhhh me not "Will" me name is "Ariel"
me no go to ALMS
me so sorry u mix me up with other "Will"

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just kidding Bill

and no u did not answer my question about the Smog place... :tongue:

hehehe

Ariel,

Yeah, he's as careful as we've all been saying. He's a tuner car guy too and knows how carefully we like our cars treated. He didn't leave any marks in my interior but then again my interior is silver, not yellow. I don't know that he has seat protectors so if you're really worried about it, just bring something to cover the seat when he gets in.

J

V (Vesna) is the guy to go to. He's one of my friends friend and definitely personable. He's a tuner @ heart and respects peoples property. He's smogged my other cars and will also do my nsx when the time comes.

I had to go to a test only station this time, so I went there a couple of weeks ago. Definitely a nice guy. He let me bring the car in and take it out; which is what I wanted. $50

Attachments

• 0610_nsx_smog_sm.jpg
    0610_nsx_smog_sm.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 222

Went to see "V"

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 West A Street #C
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801
(Right next to Goodwill and across Ray Sushi)

Great guy, very cool, and was careful with my baby :biggrin:

he even took pix and video of my car

he spent most of the time under my car with a flash light, he was checking out the NSX and he was surprised to find out that the NSX has an all aluminum suspension... :tongue:

Last edited:

Went to see "V"

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 West A Street #C
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

he spent most of the time under my car with a flash light, he was checking out the NSX and he was surprised to find out that the NSX has an all aluminum suspension... :tongue:

Had a very good experience with V last year. It about 35 miles from home, but my car was nice and hot for the smog test.:smile:

My dad was in the Air force.

He flew and instructed people how NOT to die in the Widow Maker.

F-104G%20Starfighter3.jpg

800px-Lockheed_F-104A_of_the_83rd_Fighter_Interceptor_Squadron_at_Taoyuan_Air_Base%2C_Taiwan%2C_on_Sept._15%2C_1958%2C_during_the_Quemoy_Crisis_-_Operation_Jonah_Able.jpg

The Starfighter was generally considered a rewarding, if very demanding, "sports car" of a fighter. It was the first combat aircraft capable of sustained Mach 2 flight ( the top speed of the Starfighter was limited more by the aluminium airframe structure and the temperature limits of the engine compressor than by thrust or drag (which gives an aerodynamic maximum speed of Mach 2.2), and its speed and climb performance remain impressive even by modern standards
My,hat is off for your dad ,that is a great plane....

I have a friend who is just anal when it comes to taking care of customer cars ( he does that same with friends and his own cars naturally ). Its a Smog only station In Belmont 7/6 Right across the street from Wendys. Hes got great prices under $50 out the door with everything. And he second to None when it comes to customer service and taking care of customers vechiles safely. He is very anal about perfection. He just did a 04 NSX with 12k miles yesterday. And has done quite a few of every High End car. His name is Norman at 7/6 Smog Station. In Belmont, Across the street from Wendys at the 7/6 Gas Station. 650-784-3455 Norman.

I have a friend who is just anal when it comes to taking care of customer cars ( he does that same with friends and his own cars naturally ). Its a Smog only station In Belmont 7/6 Right across the street from Wendys. Hes got great prices under $50 out the door with everything. And he second to None when it comes to customer service and taking care of customers vechiles safely. He is very anal about perfection. He just did a 04 NSX with 12k miles yesterday. And has done quite a few of every High End car. His name is Norman at 7/6 Smog Station. In Belmont, Across the street from Wendys at the 7/6 Gas Station. 650-784-3455 Norman.

Small world. That was actually my 02 NSX (just bought it this week). I can vouch for Norman - he was very careful with the car and a true enthusiast at heart.

Small world. That was actually my 02 NSX (just bought it this week). I can vouch for Norman - he was very careful with the car and a true enthusiast at heart.

Congrats on your new 02 NSX with 12K miles :eek:!!! Would Love to see your car in person one day. When the weather gets better and my NSX get back from LA, lets all meet up.

Just got my NSX smog at JUST SMOG TEST ONLY in Hayward on West A street. I met V and he's a very nice guy, plus the price was right. My NSX passed with flying colors, which I had no doubt it would.

Anyways, I followed James tip about exiting from the Goodwill parking lot, its definitely worth following.

Mike

Just got my smog test only renewal. I guess I'll be seeing V within the month. This will be my second second smog test with V.
Just got my NSX smog at JUST SMOG TEST ONLY in Hayward on West A street. I met V and he's a very nice guy, plus the price was right. My NSX passed with flying colors, which I had no doubt it would.

Anyways, I followed James tip about exiting from the Goodwill parking lot, its definitely worth following.

Mike
Mike,
Since your renewal is so close to mine, we'll have a smog meet at V's place next time.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Just smogged my 94 sentra there. Had to wait an hour but I was coming back from a job in the city so I took a well needed nap. He seems pretty busy these days so it's probably best to call ahead and make an appointment. As always his price is the best.

One place wanted $25 just to hook up some evap thing to my gas tank.

Hey Guys give Norman a try, Hes very Carefull with Every car High end or not. He has High end cars there ALL the time. Hes Lives Cars and Lovs his job and it shows in his work.
Its a Smog only station In Belmont 7/6 Right across the street from Wendys. Hes got great prices Under $50 out the door with everything. And he second to None when it comes to customer service and taking care of customers vechiles safely. He is very anal about perfection He's done quite a few NSX's now and also has done quite a few of every High End car. His name is Norman at 7/6 Smog Station. In Belmont, Across the street from Wendys at the 7/6 Gas Station. 650-784-3455 Norman

In Belmont
7/6 Gas Station SMOG
650-784-3455 Norman

What was his name? Where is he located? Do you have a phone #?

What was his name? Where is he located? Do you have a phone #?

His name is Norman. He is located in Belmont.( san mateo county)
Phone number is 650-595-3100 work and cell 784-3455 Norman.
Its the 7/6 Gas Station SMOG On OLD COUNTY ROAD and Ralston RD
ACross the street From Wendys.

Just went to see "V" again. had to smog my daily driver

great service and cheap. only charged me $40 :smile:

Thanks baynsac for the referral to Norman. Got my car smogged today. Great guy and careful with the car. Remember to mention "nsx prime" and the cost is $50 out the door. I'll be going back in two years when I renew. He's located at 699 Ralston Ave in Belmont. 650-595-3100. Jeffrey

Smog check test only needed so went to V today. Great service, very reasonably priced. Drove the car in and out, no problem. Liked the no ramp set up.

There's another good test only 76 in Daly City.

I was too lazy to take my Integra down to Hayward or Belmont and also don't like to wait in line ( I almost didn't want to share my secret spot as I will be sad if too many people discover this place hah! ). No ramp setup and the operator is careful and good. I didn't ask if I could drive my own car onto the ramp though, but he did let me drive it off, so perhaps he'll allow it. Best part is they're open on Saturdays too if you can't sneak away during the week.

There are some coupons online (valupak?) that makes the price $51.70 out the door.

I liked the operator who's there in the morning (Ming) and I've been going there for a couple years now. He definitely knows his Hondas and will do certain things to help such as reving the car up to 2-3k for 30 seconds or so before starting the test and also bring a big fan over. It may not matter to most of you, but my Integra is right there on the hairy edge and every little bit helps. He also gave me the tip to retard timing by 2deg as that would also help a bit (again not applicable to NSX, but shows he knows what he's doing as it did work) and also asked what kind of gas I was using etc when I didn't pass the first time. He also gave certain advice - couldn't be the cat, which ECU, etc which I found very helpful.

When I asked him why a pretty bare bones Integra would have trouble passing, he noted my short gears and pointed out that if it's a JDM motor, the compression would be higher which is pretty much right on the money for my "other" car.

[edit] I guess it helps if I remember to put the contact info :

101 South Mayfair Ave
daly city, CA 94015
(650) 991-2182
M-Sa 8am - 6pm

Current Coupon (they've always had one for years and google has never let me down when I needed to find it):

http://www.valpak.com/coupons/display/WESTLAKE-SMOG-TEST-ONLY-CENTER/94005/981560/980094

Last edited:

Went to see "V"

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 West A Street #C
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Is this still THE PLACE to go with the NSX for SMOG? I need to do mine later this week....and my car is pretty LOW so very nervous!

rick

Back