• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Only smog station in bay area?

Rick, I just got my smog check done 2 weeks ago, and this shop owner Mike is very friendly with NSX. Lowered NSX is not an issue to get in and out. No appointment needed, the rule is FIFO. It took me 15 minutes only and $49.99. Let him know that you are from NSXPrime forum. It’s a recommend shop.

571 W El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650) 938-7664
Mon-Fri 8 am - 6 pm
Sat 8 am - 4 pm

check out the photos:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mountain-view-smog-test-only-center-mountain-view-3

Attachments

• Mike's shop.jpg
    Mike's shop.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
thanks guys!

I'm going to either the Mountain View or Hayward location - my car can barely clear even mild angle driveways after I installed the new Difllow rear diffuser.

That piece looks awesome but is CRAZY low - kinda takes away some of the fun of driving the car.....grrrr

IMG_0192.jpg

Re: TEST ONLY SMOG STATION in bay area?

Is this still THE PLACE to go with the NSX for SMOG? I need to do mine later this week....and my car is pretty LOW so very nervous!

rick

Sup rick.

V was a great guy. Last i was there was a year ago to smog my DD.

MY NSX was smoged back in 2010 he was really careful, when and if my NSX is due for smog will go back to see V

Cheers

We are in the process of becoming a Smog Test Station once again, this time we will be a "Test Only" " station-

The Bad: we can not perform test on lowered cars such as the NSX :redface:
The Good: we can do your daily drivers for $29.00 * (*most cars) + Certificate/ Electronic Transfer fee (~$40.00 OTD)

We are waiting for the final stage inspection status from the B.A.R (probable within a week or so) our machine is up/ current and ready :cool:

Last edited:
I couldn't pass smog today due to unstable NOx, in and out around 680-730, limit is 697. Anyone has a set of stock cats 91-94 sitting around that I can try out to confirm mine are gone bad. I owe you lunch. Thanks.

Phong

Last edited:

Sup rick.

V was a great guy. Last i was there was a year ago to smog my DD.

MY NSX was smoged back in 2010 he was really careful, when and if my NSX is due for smog will go back to see V

Cheers

Planning to go this weekend - hopefully they are open on Sunday!

Well I was planning to go see V in Hayward this past Saturday but my daughter had other plans!

Anyways today I just happen to be in Mountain View so I decided to try the Mountain View SMOG test center that was recommended as well and I must say I'm truly a happy customer.

Just wrote a review on YELP even though I'm not much of a Yelper because I'm a happy camper. I was a bit apprehensive taking my NSX there due to the low clearances of the rear diffuser and also my front bumper. I was able to get it from the side-street onto his driveway with no a single scrape. Once on the dyno we carefully checked the car for any clearance issues before proceeding. The owner (Mike) is clearly a car guy as he had posters of many modern sports cars and at least 2-3 Lambo's, F-car's from local clients. He knew exactly where every release latch was on the NSX and plugged the OBD port without a hitch.

I was in / out of this place in an easy 20 minutes tops and we chit chatted a bit about his BMW and how we both love the BBS LM's :)

Great price, great service and was super careful with my car which I appreciate.

Snapped this picture right after the test :biggrin:

2012-02-06_12-11-35_253.jpg

I couldn't pass smog today due to unstable NOx, in and out around 680-730, limit is 697. Anyone has a set of stock cats 91-94 sitting around that I can try out to confirm mine are gone bad. I owe you lunch. Thanks.
Disregard......Replaced both of my O2 sensors and NOx went down to 200-250.

Its official :smile:

Congrats Romeo

Now i want to see you in HOT Pink Bikini Holding that sign. j/k :biggrin:

Take care and Good Luck!!!

Here is the one I go to. The shop is very small so you can see everything they are doing. The guy is really cool. His name is V.

http://www.sromagazine.com/article1177.html

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

I just got my car smogged there. V is very careful with the car, and knew exactly what needed to be done. He's a great guy and seems to be mod friendly.

Tip: if you're in a lowered vehicle it's easy enough to get in the driveway from the street but when you leave you don't have a good angle to avoid scraping on exit. What I did was drove to the goodwill store next door and went down the driveway from there instead. It probably doesn't make sense when you read it here, but if you find that you're having difficulty leaving, just remember "James said to drive to the goodwill store first" then it'll all make sense when you turn around to leave.

J

Is this still a good place to go to? It's close to my office and I want to get the NSX smogged there tomorrow.

Is this still a good place to go to? It's close to my office and I want to get the NSX smogged there tomorrow.

Roger

Yup it is. However V is out due to knee surgery. He has trained another friend to fill in and work at the shop while he's recovering.

E

Roger

Yup it is. However V is out due to knee surgery. He has trained another friend to fill in and work at the shop while he's recovering.

E

Thanks, but I wonder if this friend is familiar with the NSX...........

Roger

E

V will be there Mon and Weds only for now. I was just there on Monday.

%@#* I failed!

Ran a whole bottle of Guaranteed to Pass too and still failed. I will try with my OEM cats. I'm sure the CTSC has killed the race cats by now.

Roger,
I tried with the prospeed HFC and they failed too. Keep your OEM cats.

Last edited:
Roger,
I tried with the prospeed HFC and they failed too. Keep your OEM cats.

The last time I had to smog I had just put on the HFCs and I passed but now 2 years later and with the CTSC I think they are shot. Anyway I still have the OEM cats put away so I will have to get them on and try again.

Any HFC out there only lasts for a year or so for smog checks. it's mainly for the sniffer test with cops/chp. i have a set of OEM cats that i install, otherwise i have both the Angus and ProSpeed cats as well as test pipes, if i so desire to go back to those.

stopped by V's shop this morning for Smog. He took care of everything without any issues(even with me forgetting my DMV paperwork at home). Super nice guy. Convenient location. HIghly recommend his place.

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Back