• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Only smog station in bay area?

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Due for a smog so I thought I'd give V a try.
Don't let this hole in the wall fool you. V is a top notch guy. Knows his way around an nsx and whole process only took 10 mins start to finish. Oh, and it was only $40.
There was even time to chat about each others project cars afterwards.
Highly recommend!

Last edited:
Rick, I just got my smog check done 2 weeks ago, and this shop owner Mike is very friendly with NSX. Lowered NSX is not an issue to get in and out. No appointment needed, the rule is FIFO. It took me 15 minutes only and $49.99. Let him know that you are from NSXPrime forum. It’s a recommend shop.

571 W El Camino Real
Mountain View, CA 94040
(650) 938-7664
Mon-Fri 8 am - 6 pm
Sat 8 am - 4 pm

check out the photos:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mountain-view-smog-test-only-center-mountain-view-3

replying to this old post because I had an interesting (positive) experience here today -

took my new-to-me '96 nsx in for smog today. It is bone stock aside from comptech headers, which is CARB legal. Mohamed was working there , took the EO #, pulled up the document, and after asking me "This is the 3.0L right?", sat there scratching his head because this is what he saw: http://imgur.com/d3Agvu9 (I have a 1996, 3.0L NSX).

He didn't know what to do and told me he was technically supposed to fail me as the EO# is "invalid" for the 3.0L as it specifies it is only for the 3.2L motors. But he was enough of a car guy to know the 3.2Ls didn't exist in '96, and let me pass. He also mentioned they sent out updated EO docs recently, and ever since, he's been seeing more and more of this kind of issue.

Not sure if I should rely on the good will of knowledgeable smog guys, or call CT engineering for some sort of updated tag to weld to the headers...

Great place though, would recommend them. $61 for the first test, and $10 for the second - I actually failed the first one because the battery was replaced the previous owner just before I bought it and it hadn't been driven enough, so the OBD monitors hadn't set/reported back yet. I drove down to santa cruz to say hello to Jim Russell, drove back up, and passed smog with flying colors :)

Mohamed also mentioned that he did a GPW NSX recently and a video of it popped up on the nsx forum (prime, i assume) - but he wasn't able to view it because he wasn't a member. If anyone knows the video and can point me to it, I would appreciate it - I promised Mohamed I'd email him a copy of the video if I came across it. :)

Last edited:
Just went on Friday to see John at Hayward Smog Test Only

http://www.haywardsmogtestonly.com/

In and out quick and passed!

2016-03-25%2016.20.40_zpsenlccgtw.jpg

replying to this old post because I had an interesting (positive) experience here today -

took my new-to-me '96 nsx in for smog today. It is bone stock aside from comptech headers, which is CARB legal. Mohamed was working there , took the EO #, pulled up the document, and after asking me "This is the 3.0L right?", sat there scratching his head because this is what he saw: http://imgur.com/d3Agvu9 (I have a 1996, 3.0L NSX).

He didn't know what to do and told me he was technically supposed to fail me as the EO# is "invalid" for the 3.0L as it specifies it is only for the 3.2L motors. But he was enough of a car guy to know the 3.2Ls didn't exist in '96, and let me pass. He also mentioned they sent out updated EO docs recently, and ever since, he's been seeing more and more of this kind of issue.

Not sure if I should rely on the good will of knowledgeable smog guys, or call CT engineering for some sort of updated tag to weld to the headers...

Great place though, would recommend them. $61 for the first test, and $10 for the second - I actually failed the first one because the battery was replaced the previous owner just before I bought it and it hadn't been driven enough, so the OBD monitors hadn't set/reported back yet. I drove down to santa cruz to say hello to Jim Russell, drove back up, and passed smog with flying colors :)

Mohamed also mentioned that he did a GPW NSX recently and a video of it popped up on the nsx forum (prime, i assume) - but he wasn't able to view it because he wasn't a member. If anyone knows the video and can point me to it, I would appreciate it - I promised Mohamed I'd email him a copy of the video if I came across it. :)

Glad that you went to the shop.

Back