• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Only smog station in bay area?

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a TEST ONLY SMOG STATION in the Bay Area? I am seeking a trustworthy and reasonably priced location. I do not have any engine mods, but my car is lowered. I am concerned about a shop that might scratch or tear my chin spoiler if they dont know what they are doing.

Appreciate it.

Re: TEST ONLY SMOG STATION in bay area?

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a TEST ONLY SMOG STATION in the Bay Area? I am seeking a trustworthy and reasonably priced location. I do not have any engine mods, but my car is lowered. I am concerned about a shop that might scratch or tear my chin spoiler if they dont know what they are doing.

Appreciate it.

I used Ben's suggestion and went to EZ Smog in Sunnyvale.

Here's the thread I started a few months back.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94307

Otto

Hi Ryan

I just saw the pic of the place from the link. If thats the place then i see its an dyno in the ground. PERFECT! Ideas on prices? or do NSX guys get any price breaks? just thought I would ask, as i know Jimbo too needs a SMOG!

Hi Ryan

I just saw the pic of the place from the link. If thats the place then i see its an dyno in the ground. PERFECT! Ideas on prices? or do NSX guys get any price breaks? just thought I would ask, as i know Jimbo too needs a SMOG!

hey dude sorry i didnt get back to you on pm's yet but i still look in to it myself i like you need a test only smog as well so lets do it together :)

let me know if you decide on a place and like wise if i find some other options

Thanks for the info Phong. If ya dont mind me asking, was there many places you checked out before you decided to go there?

No, but the technician/owner has done lots of exotic cars (Fcar, Lambo, etc...). I didn't have a choice but to get it done near work cause my registration is due today.:redface:

I've talked to the owner and secured a GREAT deal for NSX Prime Members. $50 Out the door! Free Wifi too!

Lowered cars are ok. Engines should not be highly modified though. Just bring in your car and mention you saw the ad on NSX Prime. Questions? Just call them for details.

http://www.sromagazine.com/article1177.html

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing this for us!

Again thanks!

I've talked to the owner and secured a GREAT deal for NSX Prime Members. $50 Out the door!

Lowered cars are ok. Engines should not be highly modified though. Just bring in your car and mention you saw the ad on NSX Prime. Questions? Just call them for details.

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Here is the one I go to. The shop is very small so you can see everything they are doing. The guy is really cool. His name is V.

JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801

Thanks Ryan i did the smog today cool place and nice guy V.
He took few pictures of my car.
IMG_2669_1_.jpg

IMG_2670_1_.jpg

Ashik

I just got my car smogged there. V is very careful with the car, and knew exactly what needed to be done. He's a great guy and seems to be mod friendly.

Tip: if you're in a lowered vehicle it's easy enough to get in the driveway from the street but when you leave you don't have a good angle to avoid scraping on exit. What I did was drove to the goodwill store next door and went down the driveway from there instead. It probably doesn't make sense when you read it here, but if you find that you're having difficulty leaving, just remember "James said to drive to the goodwill store first" then it'll all make sense when you turn around to leave.

J

So what James didnt actually say was, he picked up a really cool Puma sweat outfit there so thats why he pulled into Goodwill first. He did say there was a kickin Nike one left, looked like Andre Agassi's fluorescent yellow outfit. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just got my car smogged there. V is very careful with the car, and knew exactly what needed to be done. He's a great guy and seems to be mod friendly.

Tip: if you're in a lowered vehicle it's easy enough to get in the driveway from the street but when you leave you don't have a good angle to avoid scraping on exit. What I did was drove to the goodwill store next door and went down the driveway from there instead. It probably doesn't make sense when you read it here, but if you find that you're having difficulty leaving, just remember "James said to drive to the goodwill store first" then it'll all make sense when you turn around to leave.

J

Did not know they had to put the car on top of anything to smog it? My place just does it right on the pavement in front of the garage and he doesn't check for mods or under the car, he just makes it pass somehow.

Did not know they had to put the car on top of anything to smog it? My place just does it right on the pavement in front of the garage and he doesn't check for mods or under the car, he just makes it pass somehow.

If you get the dreaded "test only station" note on your registration renewal, you have to take it to one of the designated stations. Your usual smog guy/gal mechanic won't be able to do it.

Ara

It looks like it's that time again for me.

Why is it that I always get a Test Only notice for the NSX? :mad::mad::mad: Yeah, yeah, I know, the NSX is profiled as a high emissions vehicle. I'm just venting a little here.

Otto

It looks like it's that time again for me.

Why is it that I always get a Test Only notice for the NSX? :mad::mad::mad: Yeah, yeah, I know, the NSX is profiled as a high emissions vehicle. I'm just venting a little here.

Otto

Joe,

My brother just had his 2004 RX8 smogged where the CO readings were zero and the HC was 1PPM for ideal and 2PPM at cruising.

This is a 87k miles car.

The smog guy was checking everywhere and scratching his head, trying to figure out why it was reading too low for emissions.

The answer:

We poured 2 bottles of "Clean Power" in the gas tank and drove it a few miles prior to the smog.

THey can be procured at Winchester Auto Parts on S. Winchester for $20 each.

It also ups octane and cleans out ur entire fuel system and combustion chamber.

Alain,
Were you in the military? Just wondering why you keep calling Otto by his last name?:biggrin:

Otto,
I went to:
JUST SMOG TEST ONLY
909 C West A Street
Hayward, CA 94541
510-293-9801
V (it could be Vi) is a cool easy to talk to guy.

Last edited:

My dad was in the Air force.

He flew and instructed people how NOT to die in the Widow Maker.

F-104G%20Starfighter3.jpg

800px-Lockheed_F-104A_of_the_83rd_Fighter_Interceptor_Squadron_at_Taoyuan_Air_Base%2C_Taiwan%2C_on_Sept._15%2C_1958%2C_during_the_Quemoy_Crisis_-_Operation_Jonah_Able.jpg

The Starfighter was generally considered a rewarding, if very demanding, "sports car" of a fighter. It was the first combat aircraft capable of sustained Mach 2 flight ( the top speed of the Starfighter was limited more by the aluminium airframe structure and the temperature limits of the engine compressor than by thrust or drag (which gives an aerodynamic maximum speed of Mach 2.2), and its speed and climb performance remain impressive even by modern standards

BTW, my dad likes the NSX more than any car that I have owned or own in terms of looks.

But when it comes to impressing him on acceleration and cornering speeds he's not impressed by any street-faring cars........ He likes to remind me that I have no idea of what G forces are or acceleration is.

And I doubt that any of the "pilots" on this forum or most others can even top him on what he's flown.......

i been going to v all the time, i jusr chill with tyson (his dog) while he smog my car. cool guy!!

Back