• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

wow....what is this world coming to!? :confused:

totally unbelievable!

probably would have been better to leave her with one of us in cali.

Good luck and sorry to hear that...

Shifty Bob - terrible news this is but keep your chin up. Hopefully your insurance will get you back into another 05.

Interesting that your car was targeted so close to the prior theft of the Mercedes...someone that knows you or your family is responsible and/or someone's been watching you for a while.

I'll keep my eyes peeled in this part of the world as its interesting...I'm receiving and noticing alot of requests for NSX's in this part of the world. If one turns up on a local forum etc. I'll find out who owns it etc. The good news in this situation is that NSX's are rare so the odds of finding out what's happened to it in the future you'd like to think is better than most vehicles out there. Seriously contact the local port authority as I know regulations have tightened on exporting vehicles from NA. Unless of course some sort of mofia or organized crime is involved...then it might just leave port easily.

Don't worry bro stay safe and get to where your going and I'm sure you'll end up with another LBBP. Perhaps there is still one at The Kid's dealership? 04 I believe?

Jetpilot

Wow...they must have really wanted that car. To attempt once and fail and then to come back and get it (I'm assuming it's the same person/group..just seems too likely)...that's some balls.

That sucks!:frown:

Bob, Really sorry to hear that. Hope you have a good insurance agent. Maybe with Prime's new reach someone will see it. Was it on a flatbed or enclosed trailer????

From what I know about Lojack it only stops the joyriders, not the people who really want it. Sounds like someone really wanted this one. Bastards!

I'm kinda curious how a car that rare with a community this tight could disappear. I mean..sooner or later, one of us will come across it, right?

What happens to cars like this? (If it's too graphic, pm me)

I feel really bad for the OP so I went ahead and posted the stolen car on our local car forum here in Dubai. Who knows its a small world and it may turn up or someone might read it and think "wait I know this NSX from somewhere"...

http://evolve.ae/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55437#55437

NSX's are rare, we all know this, so I'm hoping that somewhere somehow it turns up or we help catch the A%$holes that did it. OWNED again!

Jetpilot

I am truly very, very sorry for your loss.
It's one of my biggest fears of the car even though with only a few in my country, the chances are very small.

In the meantime, would it not be a good idea to fill us all in here on Prime with some of the details of your car. Like year, color, VIN, wheel-type, any special items. Like someone already mentioned, the NSX is a rather rare car and perhaps we all in this community could make a difference.

I am sorry to hear that. I hope your insurance will pay you the mkt cost of your car w/o any hassle like your MB. I know it's hard to accept the fact, but I hope you will find the next car that you will like more than this one.

I don't know what is going on in Corona, there seems to have a lot of car theft. I used to live in Corona, and a few of my neighbors have their car stolen or their wheel stolen. There is a time that my wheel (stock Accord) almost got stolen, but for some reason, they un-screwed my front wheel. When my girlfriend back up the car, the wheel just came off. It could be very dangerous to my girlfriend if the wheel didn't came out and she drove it on to the street.

It might be a good idea for you to move away from Corona.

Sorry again.

Most of the thefts go like this: They have someone to watch out for cars. Internet simplifies things very much. They don't steal cars which are not already 'ordered'. As the NSX is not available anymore since 2005 they have to be stolen. There are many, many people you won't believe it that just give the 'organisation' tips of where the desired car is, when it's best and what has to be done to steal it. Then the organisation sends out his 'ants' to steal it. That's why I never post pics with my number plate, hidden my official address of my number plate at the registration, never give my location I live in or where the car sits in the garage (paranoid?). This won't get your car back, I know.

In the meantime, would it not be a good idea to fill us all in here on Prime with some of the details of your car. Like year, color, VIN, wheel-type, any special items.

I'd second that BUT if this car has been stolen by a professional organisation they change so much you won't recognize the car anymore if it ever gets sold and is not parted out. VIN, wheels, special items are the first parts to be changed out. Any if the thieves are reading here they know what NOT to do. If the thieves are dumb watch out for the parts on the internet .

I'm very sorry for your loss again.

Oh man, that is brutal.

I bet the two incidents are not related though. Lunatics troll for trailers all the time. I bet someone saw it, attached it and was off not knowing what was inside it.

Sorry about your losses.

Sorry again.

Most of the thefts go like this: They have someone to watch out for cars. Internet simplifies things very much. They don't steal cars which are not already 'ordered'. As the NSX is not available anymore since 2005 they have to be stolen. There are many, many people you won't believe it that just give the 'organisation' tips of where the desired car is, when it's best and what has to be done to steal it. Then the organisation sends out his 'ants' to steal it. That's why I never post pics with my number plate, hidden my official address of my number plate at the registration, never give my location I live in or where the car sits in the garage (paranoid?). This won't get your car back, I know.

I'd second that BUT if this car has been stolen by a professional organisation they change so much you won't recognize the car anymore if it ever gets sold and is not parted out. VIN, wheels, special items are the first parts to be changed out. Any if the thieves are reading here they know what NOT to do. If the thieves are dumb watch out for the parts on the internet .

I'm very sorry for your loss again.

Excellent point.

Sorry to hear of the theft of your nsx. We all feel for you.

Does'nt sound like typical car thieves. Being the type of cars you had it sounds like they were pretty organized.:frown:

Dude that is just f-ing horrible. Just horrible. I am so so sorry. I had a motorcycle stolen once from me in college and it's just the worst feeling in the world. The WORST. Especially when you put all the time and effort into turning it into something that is truely "yours". Complete horse shit. I hope they get shot the next time they try it.

That's just terrible. Sorry to hear about your second car theft within a short periord of time. If the the trailer is enclosed, then it is someone that knows you, and probably knew you were going to stay at a hotel before leaving town. Hope you get you NSX back. Did the police ever recover your Benz?:mad:

Hey Bob that really does suck but think positive and think long-term:
  • You will have a NSX again (be it yours or a replacement); and
  • The law will eventually catch up with the morons who stole it, be it for this or something else. Then you will still have a NSX and they will have a cell.

I wish you the best emotionally, because I know that it's a 'sickening' feeling that can drag a person down enough to cause physical sickness. Get better...

Bob, any good news lately on the location of the car? ?

This is horrible! Sorry for your loss.

Someone really wanted your NSX badly.

I would not be surprised if you found out that it was the same person/people that came and stole your Benz.

Don't you have a tracking device installed in the NSX?

quick stop in OKC for the night, first time I've been able to get internet service...

Haven't heard anything on the car yet. Having a hard time filing a police report since I didn't have the VIN on hand and it still had paper plates. And, since it happened in CA and I am moving to WI both states are pointing the finger and saying I need to file with the other state, so it is registered as a 'stolen vehicle', but there has been no police report officially filed yet.

Alot of the interior was torn apart prior to the theft because I was still in the process of doing a few things, so I had alot of the parts wrapped and boxed for the move. The steering wheel was also taken off... so I don't think they'll be able to drive it unless they have a wheel that fits. I'm sure the wheels will be the first to turn up, and since they are 'one-off's' they are going to be hard pressed to seel them without getting caught (but they don't know that).

I am pretty bummed considering this is a dream I've been chasing for the better part of 15 years... only to have it ripped away by some low life thief!!! :mad: I know this may sound rediculous to some, but even if they find it in perfect condition... I don't want it back. As far as I'm concerned, the car is tainted now, and I will always be reminded of that every time I see it. So if I DO get it back, it will be up for sale :frown: . I will have another, it's just a matter of finding the right one for me, or maybe even waiting to see what Honda has to offer in 09' :rolleyes:

Flatbed trailer...

Yes on the insurance...

No on the GPS tracking...

I am just at a loss at this point and don't know what to do or think. :frown:

Back