• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

Maybe for every ones sake we should put together a list of security tips/guidelines and add it as a sticky to the top of the forums. Things like obscuring your dash VIN or blurring license plates on forum photos.

The ONLY reason we know the car is being improperly listed is because EVERYBODY knows the VIN and who owns it.

VINS can be automatically generated, no specific information is required. What is unknown is who actually owns the car and therefore anybody can put a specific car for sale.

We should actually publish the VIN and owner name, that way when some bozo lists a car so the true owner can be quickly identified and notified.

Yea a high end stolen car doesn't do the thief any good unless he has a means to get rid of it (easy cash)..... that is not going to be easy to list without it being discovered by someone on this board or elsewhere.

Any updates for us?? Did they find the car? how about the thieves??

Oh... BTW Tamoske! I still want my G*d D*mn door inserts!!!!! :mad:
in light of everything else going on in the nsx universe,
this spirit keeps me charged.:smile:
keep the peace, bob
icon14.gif

nothing yet. I am working with my Ins Co. to try and get them to pay out. I don't want the car back after it's been stolen... so hopefully I can get it paid out before they find it. Ins co is saying 30 days though... :rolleyes:

nothing yet. I am working with my Ins Co. to try and get them to pay out. I don't want the car back after it's been stolen... so hopefully I can get it paid out before they find it. Ins co is saying 30 days though... :rolleyes:

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want it back either.

Who do you have insurance with if you don't mind me asking?

Just wondering what their policy is on aftermarket parts etc... hope things turn out for the better!

OMG
sorry to hear what hpnd about your car

someone really wanted your car. really bad.

my guess will be someone local. and they have been keeping an eye on your car for a long time. they must be really close to your house.

Who do you have insurance with if you don't mind me asking?

Just wondering what their policy is on aftermarket parts etc... hope things turn out for the better!

Insurance is through Wawanesa with a binder policy for the wheels and stereo...

well this is good news - hopefully you will get most of what you put into the car and have a brand new one sitting under video surveillance at your new place! :)

You should be okay. I have Wawanesa and they covered me completely on my claim as a result of my mishap on the track. Still use them today.

What is the status??? Did they find the car? Did the insurance company take care of you, like they should?? I havr followed this all along and I am feeling for you, first the Mercedes and then this!!!!!
Best of luck

not my problem anymore... ins co is cutting me a check today for the car, the wheels, and everything else that was covered. :frown:

not my problem anymore... ins co is cutting me a check today for the car, the wheels, and everything else that was covered. :frown:

well I'm glad they are making good man.. are you going to get another NSX?

I've always had the idea of having my NSX chained to the floor! :D

Bob, Glad it came to a satisfactory finish, try to stay warm back there!

I'm wondering how many new vultures are now circling overhead thanks to the worldwide attention we received courtesy of the "owned" thread.

Maybe for everyones sake we should put together a list of security tips/guidlines and add it as a sticky to the top of the forums. Things like obscuring your dash VIN or blurring license plates on forum photos.

:mad: Couple of thoughts.
Yea, Motegi, good point there about low-lifes and no-lifes.
However, concealing the visible VIN (in front of driver at base of windshield) is a violation in most states in USA/Provinces of Canada and can be probable cause for impound by Officer Friendly.

For ShiftyBob, and fellow NSX owners and Prime members, I ask you all: Have ANY of you sold a 2002 or newer "distressed" or "should maybe be salvage titled" or "parts car" to anyone in the last year? Perhaps it was blue? Maybe even an earlier model year?
If so, ShiftyBob's stolen LBBP could now be under that VIN.
Just food for thought.

Congrats Shifty for getting the insurance check! :smile: Getting Another NSX?

Back