• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sacramento Wheel Refinisher Recommendations?

I have spoken to Precision Wheel in Sacramento about refinishing my OEM wheels. They charge $165/wheel. This includes stripping the wheels down, removing curb rash, powder coating and clear coating. Does anyone have some experience with their work? Also I am comparing that price to a price someone on a thread quoted paying $129 each at Wheels America.

Are their any other wheel refinishers in the Sacramento area? San Francisco? I would prefer to deal with someone locally besides having to pay for shipping. Also for that price I may put the money towards another set and save these for track tires.

KEN

I have spoken to Precision Wheel in Sacramento about refinishing my OEM wheels. They charge $165/wheel. This includes stripping the wheels down, removing curb rash, powder coating and clear coating. Does anyone have some experience with their work? Also I am comparing that price to a price someone on a thread quoted paying $129 each at Wheels America.

Are their any other wheel refinishers in the Sacramento area? San Francisco? I would prefer to deal with someone locally besides having to pay for shipping. Also for that price I may put the money towards another set and save these for track tires.

KEN

Ken,
Avoid Wheels America. They are the...Earl Scheib of wheel repair at best.

$129 a wheel sounds good until they don't put clear coat on your repaired wheel as indicated on your repair order. Then when you bring the wheel in to show them its not coated they tell you that the wheel was not repaired at their shop. Ask me how I know.

A good friend of mine says "pay once, cry once". Pay the $165 if Precision Wheel has a good reputation.

Back