• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daytona Koni Challenge Photos - Billy Johnson

Well a little karting accident last week put me on crutches but didn't deter me from coming down to Daytona for the Rolex 24 Hours. We stopped by the track yesterday to watch the Koni Challenge and root on Billy Johnson. He was having a great race and was up to 4th overall out of 91 cars before two questionable penalties bumped him down. Nevertheless, very impressive racing on a very crowded track.

Unfortunately the crutches make me less mobile so I was not able to get my usual collection of different vantage points so I apologize for the photographic redundancies. Here are a few shots:

247393658-XL.jpg

247393966-XL.jpg

247393673-XL.jpg

247393941-XL.jpg

247393966-XL.jpg

247397064-XL.jpg

247394005-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, pictures look great as usual, glad the little "accident" didn't slow you down, enjoy yourself, and send my regards to your hosts!!

Bob, it was a pleasure meeting you and everyone this weekend!

It meant a lot to me that you and fellow prime members came out to cheer me on, and It really meant a lot that you came all this way even with your injury.

After an interesting qualifying session in the rain which mixed the entire field up, we managed to work our way from 28th to 4th. Unfortunately some pit stop problems caused us to go from 4th to dead last, behind the entire GS and ST field. Later in the race engine issues caused us to retire from the race.

Hopefully we got all our bad luck for the season out of the way early on, I'm really happy to be on such a great team with a great car and highly accomplished co-driver, and am looking forward to our next race at Lime Rock Park in April. We will be at Watkins Glen later in the season so I hope to see you there as well!

It was a pleasure meeting you all, thank you for the great photos, and I hope to see you at the next one!

-Billy

Here are some pictures my father took from the race:
DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Back