• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 NSX tires

Looking for tires for my stock 1995. Tire rack has BF Goodrich G Force Rival S 1.5. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Looking for tires for my stock 1995. Tire rack has BF Goodrich G Force Rival S 1.5. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I like them very much. Last set lasted 8,800 miles and two days at Thunderhill Raceway. It's very good tire, just slow down in heavy rain.

I have the Falkens as well. Coming from RE-71R on my S2000, I find the Falkens to be a nice alternative maybe not quite as grippy but I do not track the car. They grip nicely at least for spirited street driving, very affordable and rated pretty well on Tire Rack.

Thanks

Anyone have experience on stock '95 wheels with PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ in 205/50R16 - 245/45R17 ? Love to hear thoughts as it is what I'm considering. (Street only, no track.) Thanks.

Pilot Sport AS

I have a set of the Michelins and find them to be a bit noisy with a definite drumming sound at freeway speeds, also not very compliant. An NSX owner likes his Pirelli P Zero Neros which I'm considering for my 97.

I’m looking into purchasing an NSX and the tires That are currently on the car are approximately 10 years old. Looking to replace them . Ask for some ideas on replacement tires. Anyone else have good luck with their tires and if so what type of tire did you end up getting. It’s a 1996 NSXT . Thanks

Pirelli

Robert Richardson here in Cleveland is on his second set of P Zero Neros and thinks they're a good set up. I have a set of Tire Rack fronts to put on but am waiting on some new coilovers before I send everything off to the alignment shop. I should have it on the road in about 10 days so I can give feedback then. Were you part of the NSX group lined up in North Olmsted a few months ago?

For my '95 with OEM wheels I went with PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ in 205/50R16 - 245/45ZR17. I'm very partial to Michelin tires as I've had very good luck with them for many, many years. Costco had a good price with the quarterly rebate.

Aren’t those rear tires quite a bit taller than stock? Do they look good? I’m in the same boat needing tires and the fronts are hard to find. Your set up sounds like it might be perfect.

205/50R16 - 245/45ZR17 look just like the tires that were OEM when the car was new.

I really like the
PILOT SPORT A/S 3+. In fact, I liked them so much I put them on my S2000 too.

The
PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ handle almost as well as the Pilot Super Sports did on my S2000. The difference may only be psychological! In either case, the PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ certainly will last longer and are much safer before they warm up and in cooler weather.

Thanks so much for the info! That opens up all new possibilities for tires.

The way I rationalized not getting high performance summer only tires was that modern All Season tires are better than ultra high performance summer only tires our cars came with new. That and modern all season are safer in colder temperatures.

Yes that makes total sense and living in Seattle I deal with plenty of wet roads and I can’t just keep the car inside forever… So might as well have good tires for it

There is a YouTube video of a Michelin rep explaining that the difference between Sport AS3+ and the new version of SuperSports can only be felt by pros at the limit on a track. That says it all for me.

Back