• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 OEM Grand Prix white wheels

I had a little time to kill recently, so I ended up trolling an Acura parts website because I was curious about the price of the Zanardi edition wheels (if they were even available). Not that I was serious about them because I don't think my MBP paint would work very well with them. However, I discovered that Honda lists on the parts site a Grand Prix White version of what appears to be the more common blades silver wheel. I didn't check every year; but, it appears that in the 16/17" combination it was only listed for 1999.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-.../6-speed-manual-engine/chassis-cat/wheel-scat

In the Wiki, I could not find any reference to a white wheel option for the North American 1999 model year. Does anybody know anything about these white wheels? Were they a factory option or offered up on some color schemes? Does anybody actually have a set?

My blades silver wheels are a little road worn and need refinishing. The clear coat has lifted in a number of spots and a previous owner left them with some road rash on the rear wheel lips. I checked and repairing the road rash, stripping, surface machining, replacement clear coat and remounting the tire is going to be about $800 Cdn a wheel (perhaps a special NSX price?). I was thinking about just stripping, road rash repair and then powder coating with a gloss white which should be cheaper. I think the white would work very well with my Monaco Blue finish; however, I have always wanted to retain the OEM look. If the 7 spoke wheel was offered in white (and they actually sold some of them) that would provide a perfect cover for redoing my tired 7 spokes in white with the excuse that they are still OEMish.

Last edited:
Back