• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Acura NSX-T, Manual, 29K Miles, Supercharged, selling at auction

this car was on BAT and Pcarmarket before, both times RNM, final bids were in 120 territory iirc.

The BaT seller bought the car on Pcmarket for $127,500.00 in February, 2022.
It went on BaT in December 2022. He confirmed on BaT in the comments after the RNM auction ended that then spent an additional $15,000.00 preparing it for sale. It's also been modded which detracts from "collector car" price levels.

It gets worse. There's no mention anywhere of any engine mods to accommodate the aftermarket supercharger. A bone stock NSX engine is an "open deck" design. Forced induction on a stock engine is a death sentence. I know that this an oft discussed topic but I stand by my opinion. In my 2 decades on Prime I can't even remember how posts there have been from members whose engines died a horrible death after boosting them in stock configuration.

There's also this, which was not published on BaT:
From the Pcarmarket listing: "the NSX was designed and hand-assembled at the Honda Global Research and Development Center in Tochigi" Nope not this one.

Five gets you ten that the Hagerty result will be below the BaT high bid.

Last edited:
It is always fascinating to see the depth of knowledge and experience from members like Hugh on NSX Prime. I consider myself a car guy, but am so far out of my league in this forum. But LOVE learning like this. Thanks, Hugh!

Hugh,
There is no real merit in your statement to me at least, regarding a Comptech supercharger kit on an NA2 being a death sentence. My 1997 was Comptech(ed) by CT when it was new. No engine internal engine modifications. It has gone 96K miles in 26 years with no SC or engine problems. The car has always been properly serviced and maintained. The original OEM clutch was changed last month! The blower had new bushings and bearings a couple of years ago.
I have had stock NSX's at the same time and have no hesitation to state my preference of the SC'd car.
the CT piggyback controller, the CT suspension, exhaust and header, the wonderful Brembo Indy's brakes make it a much more enjoyable car. it is reliable both on the street and on the track. My 2c.

The BaT seller bought the car on Pcmarket for $127,500.00 in February, 2022.
It went on BaT in December 2022. He confirmed on BaT in the comments after the RNM auction ended that then spent an additional $15,000.00 preparing it for sale. It's also been modded which detracts from "collector car" price levels.

It gets worse. There's no mention anywhere of any engine mods to accommodate the aftermarket supercharger. A bone stock NSX engine is an "open deck" design. Forced induction on a stock engine is a death sentence. I know that this an oft discussed topic but I stand by my opinion. In my 2 decades on Prime I can't even remember how posts there have been from members whose engines died a horrible death after boosting them in stock configuration.

There's also this, which was not published on BaT:
From the Pcarmarket listing: "the NSX was designed and hand-assembled at the Honda Global Research and Development Center in Tochigi" Nope not this one.

Five gets you ten that the Mecum result will be below the BaT high bid.

and following that BaT fail attempt, it was again listed on pcarmarket, and also RNM as a result.

so pcarmarkt (sold)-->BaT(RNM) -->pcarmarket(RNM).

lol @ death sentence. I know you have a monster build on yours Hugh (as do I). But death sentence? haha. I ran the "death sentence" BBSC for 50k miles and beat the shit out of it before I lost a ringland, tracking something like 7000 miles spraying methanol etc. Would probably still be going strong if i drove normally and didn't track it while spraying methanol.

death sentence. hahaha.

this thread reminds me of the good old days on prime of people arguing all over the place.

The thing I like about this community is that the car population is (relatively) small, particularly the only 800+ facelifted cars. When cars pop up, it’s usually pretty easy to validate where they have been presented for sale and/or history as in “that’s the car where…”

Back