• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2019 NSX orange

It was a sad day last Saturday when a transport company who was supposed to move my car from Henderson NV to Bartlett IL loaded my car and I never heard back from them. We uncovered there were 5 more cars that were stolen by these transporters. The car had stargard and it was disconnected within 2 hours after the car got picked up and then I could not reach out to the driver. I have a police case open but chances look slim for recovery. I tried calling Acura corporate to activate Acura link but they could not help :(

Wow, that's terrible!

Shipping cars is a bit like the wild west as brokers just hire whoever takes their bid. Then that might get subcontracted out even beyond the bid taker. Makes you wonder how often this happens.

Sorry this happened and hopefully your insurance picks up the tab. Who did you use for shipping?

Sorry to hear that. Especially you had GPS on it . I guess that the signal was lost when they put it in the container. You should post VIN#. How many orange NC1 were sold? I know that there were 24 made in 2022. Anybody has # for 19 20 21? Orange color is rare and everybody should be on look out for parts or cars for sale. I had stolen many years ago Dodge minivan in NYC. Cops did absolutely nothing even when I gave them get away car plate. Didn't have full coverage at that time. I hope you get it back soon.

Wow, that's terrible!

Shipping cars is a bit like the wild west as brokers just hire whoever takes their bid. Then that might get subcontracted out even beyond the bid taker. Makes you wonder how often this happens.

Sorry this happened and hopefully your insurance picks up the tab. Who did you use for shipping?
I went through a broker Automovers who I have used 3 times before. The carrier, statewide haulers LLC is the culprit, we found that they stole 4-5 other cars in the last 10 days.

19UNC1B01KY000028 and engine engraving number is 1995
Posting pictures of the car would help . Interior, wheels... just if somebody wants to part it out. Spread the word and share it everywhere you can. Lets scare those low life thieves that they mess with a wrong car.

It was a sad day last Saturday when a transport company who was supposed to move my car from Henderson NV to Bartlett IL loaded my car and I never heard back from them. We uncovered there were 5 more cars that were stolen by these transporters. The car had stargard and it was disconnected within 2 hours after the car got picked up and then I could not reach out to the driver. I have a police case open but chances look slim for recovery. I tried calling Acura corporate to activate Acura link but they could not help :(
Sorry to hear this, I hope your insurance company makes the next phase of this situation go ok.

As B&B said, hope insurance steps up.

I have USAA and have tried to get what my car is worth if there is a full claim. I could never get an answer after talking to numerous folks. It’s something I need to get answered.

@NbyNW

You should call the insurance company and get “agreed upon value” and pay accordingly. I have mine insured for its full value. It’s good piece of mind. Update it regularly based on market value. I actually got a great rate due to its age and amount of miles I put on it yearly.

@NbyNW

You should call the insurance company and get “agreed upon value” and pay accordingly. I have mine insured for its full value. It’s good piece of mind. Update it regularly based on market value. I actually got a great rate due to its age and amount of miles I put on it yearly.
I’ve tried… ran out of time talking to many people. I need to dive in again with calls to get an answer.

My company(westfield) would not insure for agreed value, but what I payed
More structured collector car insurers want me to have owned the car for a year before doing so..

I went through a broker who arranged transport so they fill fork the bill.

They'd better pay up! I'm angry just thinking about this. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Back