• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Unofficial Thread of Exhaust Sound Clips

Jason (nsxsupra) and I did some recording of our NSXs going through tunnels at WOT, and clips of our cars revving in an empty parking structure. I'm sure that everyone will enjoy this, as the exhaust note from cars were mind-blowing, exotic and race car-like sounding. Jason uses a Taitec GT lightweight on his Grand Prix white NSX, and I have a customized unit, that was on the car when i purchased it. I want to thank jason for making this happen, -its incredible what that little camera can do, the sound quality is amazing!!:eek: , and for the security guard who let us record our cars in the parking structure. Hope you enjoy this.

By the way, Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Be safe, Eat a lot, and Make it memorable. :smile:

William

Please crank up your volume:smile:

I personally only like to listen to clips taken from outside of the car. In cabin clips are almost useless, as 99% of the in car sound clips for NSX sounds the same, regardless of exhaust. It is due to the induction and motor close behind, which make capturing exhaust note from inside the car very difficult. GT-Rom F1 is the only exception that I know of.

GT-ROM F1 exhaust:
amazing sound
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARK exhaust:
Pulling away, to view the clip, right clip, save target as
Taite JGTC exhaust :
Revving
Gruppe M Version 1:
Revving
Taking easy
William's Custom exhaust:
Revving
Taking off
Fly by with a nice follow through
Fly by
Revving outside
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taitec GT Lightweight:
taking off in a tunnel
Revving in parking structure
launching in 1st gear
Revving in open area
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taitec GT Lightweight + Taitec Header:
Revving up (right click save as to view the movie)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
B&B exhaust:
sounds great
Tubi:
Passing by
Fly by in the end of clip
Sorcery F1 Exhaust:
Revving up

Last edited:
Hi

Nice clips. Thanks.

I have uploaded a couple here:

Tubi

Taitec

Regards

Outstanding sound clips. Thanks for the post William and Jason. Your cars sound even better in person.

Merry Christmas to all and a great new year.

Martin, your tubi sounds Ferocious, that has always been one of my favorite exhausts for the nsx.

By the way i have no idea why i was braking, when my car was revving at a stand still. :confused: LMAO, I might have thought that i was driving fast, the nsx has the tendency to make you feel this way, even when the car is not running. :biggrin:

I think you really need to hear exhaust in person to get a good impression of the sound. Too much here is dependent on the mic, mic position, eq, sound reflection etc..

wow, i thought there would be more response or interest for this thread.

Are these clips with or without cats. I had an anytime exhaust on my last NSX and it was loud without cats.
Sounded great inside the car but outside it was blaty. I'm looking for exhaust for next NSX

pbassjo said:
I think you really need to hear exhaust in person to get a good impression of the sound. Too much here is dependent on the mic, mic position, eq, sound reflection etc..
I agree completely, there are too many variables when taking sound clips. The clips are just for general reference. Listening to exhausts in person is the best way to go.

mattd said:
Are these clips with or without cats. I had an anytime exhaust on my last NSX and it was loud without cats.
Sounded great inside the car but outside it was blaty. I'm looking for exhaust for next NSX
All the NSXes in the clips are equipped with oem catalystic converters.

Thanks Jason. I think the Taitec F1 has a very aggressive exhaust note, similar in sound to the challenge stradale. The GT009 on the other hand sounds unique, i'd like to hear that exhaust from the outside. I just wish it was dual exit.

We need a clip of the Sorcery F1 exhaust!!!!!!!:biggrin:

nsxtacey said:
the taitec f1 sounds awesome. what model is it? anyone know where to get one?
http://www.taita.co.jp/products/taitec/index.html
There are several people who have sent me private message and expressed interest about this exhaust, I am sorry it is GT-Rom F1 sound exhaust, not Taitec.
http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/gtone/f1_muffler_superfour.htm

You can probably get the GT-Rom items directly from GT-Rom, althrough their page is in Japanese only, if you send them an e-mail and ask nicely, most Japanese shops are more than willing to work with you.

Taitec is very easy to work with, I recommend SOS or 2NRWerks.com. Althrough you can buy directly from Taitec, it will save you a lot of trouble buying from one of the vendor instead. I don't think I ever want to carry another exhaust onto airplane and back home from Japan, that was hardcore.

Last edited:
ver 1 & 2 are by far the best exhaust sounds I've heard...truely f1 sound. Need to find out if there's any headers or intakes with it to produce that sound.

Excellent Thread

I just wanted to say thanks to all who were involved in these clips. I'm planning to get an exhaust system this spring and have been searching for sound clips. This gives me a much better idea of what to go for. Thanks, all. Mike

Back