• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 versus 94 Alignment Settings

I just installed coilovers on my 94 and have it set about 1" lower than stock ride height. I'm going to get it aligned today and wondered whether I should use the original alignment settings from the 94 or go to the 91 settings which I understand are more aggressive but eat up tires faster. Questions: Which setting would you use? I don't track the car but I do like the steering to feel sharp. Is the difference between 91 and 94 specs even noticeable in terms of feel? How much worse is the tire wear?

If you are not tracking your car I would go with the '94 specs. The primary difference between the settings is rear toe; the '91 spec calls for more toe-in. This increases stability under braking and allows a more predictable "set" when cornering at the limit. There is marginal difference in turn-in feel and overall feel, unless again, you are at or very close the limit of adhesion. I do know there is a not insignificant difference on tire wear, but I cannot quantify it. Maybe others can comment.

When I was tracking my '91 I used the more aggressive rear toe-in setting, but now that I use the car less aggressively I have the more tire-friendly '94 spec, if that helps. I am running stock springs on Bilsteins on the lower spring perch.

I just had mine done last week. I set it to the 05 settings. We couldn't get the camber of course but we got it as close as we could

Back