• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A better Bumpstop

In renovating a set of relatively low mileage shock/dampers that I took off the car 13 years ago I find the polyfoam bumpstops are in early stages of decay, which is probably the case with most cars still on original suspension these days. Has anyone found a superior bumpstop made of more durable material that will fit OEM dampers? 1705797492763.jpeg

Last edited:
These guys make replacement. Can't advise as to whether they are any better than OEM.

There are probably others.

I'd just put new OEM bump stops on. The originals don't have a problem lasting 15-20 years and expecting anything in the aftermarket to be better is a stretch.
I agree with John. Just buy new OEM stops- they aren't that hard to change out. Probably a good time to swap out the rubber isolators too. It will transform how the car feels.

I found these 5X Racing bumpstops of of high quality MCEP so should give a prolonged life compared to the OEM ones. Definitely worth trying something more robust since the bumpstops were meant to be spring aids on the NSX and its clear OEM don't last as long as the springs and dampers, so the designed OEM suspension performance will be different when these harden to rock or crumble to dust, or both. 5X provides compression data and varying densities to choose from. I used their progressive hard (500lb/in) on the front and their progressive Medium 350lb/in on the rear. Not cheap at $20 ea but cheaper than OEM.
1705529524260.jpeg1705529538999.jpeg1705530655158.png

Last edited:
Back