• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A/C QUESTION

I usually don't drive my car during the week and noticed something yesterday when my daily driver's battery died and I had to take the NSX to work.

On the way to work the a/c was freezing and everything appeared just fine. When I went out to lunch, after the car had been sitting for a while in the hot sun, I noticed that the air coming out of the left center vent was not as cool as the right center vent.

Today when I drove the car to work again, the air was freezing as usual, but I did notice that the air on the left was warmer than the air on the right. This has probably been going on for a long time and I never noticed it before.

I thought there was a thread here discussing this topic, but I am unable to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

You are low on freon, probably as the result of a recently developed small leak in the system... most likely either a pinhole in the evaporator or a failing o-ring. Make sure they LOCATE THE LEAK, then fix it and re-charge the system.

If you have R12 and were ever going to convert to something else, this is the time to do it since the R12 alone will run you around $100.

Had to replace my compressor, discharge hose, diffusor, and dryer 6 months ago. The cost of converting to R-134 cost almost the same as just filling with R-12.

Also if you don't order the conversion kit by mail order, get it from your Honda dealer. It is the same part number. My Acura dealer wanted $98. I bought it from Honda for $45!!

Thanks a lot. I plan on dropping the car off asap to have it looked over, I just wanted to know as much as possible to make sure I was not getting screwed over.

Thanks again

[This message has been edited by EnzoWho (edited 13 February 2001).]

Back