• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A new LED headlight bulb that doesn't require oversized dust caps?

A lot of folks have switched to the Boslla B1 LED headlight bulbs, which require extended dust caps. The nightime improvement is spectacular. (Some of Boslla's other LED bulbs have an additional LED controller box that requires and even larger extended cap ~75mm. I think I've printed caps for 1/2 dozen primers who didn't have their own printer.)

I just noticed that Boslla has come out with a low-profile LED bulb with the fan on an angle to fit under some OEM dust caps and it shows on their bulb finder for the NSX. (Oddly named "Wireless". That would be a first - a wireless light bulb?!?) Has anyone tried these bulbs to see if they fit under the OEM NSX dust caps? It could mean not having to add the extended caps for future LED converts, unless someone wanted the yellow/white ones with the extra large controller.

LED instructions:

Last edited:
Yes, they are rated about double the light output than the B1's, which are already at least twice as bright (claimed 200% brighter) as the stock incandescents. Personally, I find the "low powered" 30W B1's to be excellent so I hope these new "wireless" ones aren't blinding. Incredibly, Boslla makes some that put out 21,600 Lumens! I wonder if it's being responsible. (90W/bulb, 16A total, which would also have me concerned about the wiring, with the stock bulbs only 4-5A. These "Wireless" LED's are 50W/bulb, so should be fine on the existing wiring.)
The Boslla site is challenging in that it often reports light lumens & wattage for 2 bulbs, compared to incandescent bulbs that are usually rated per bulb.

Last edited:
I have ordered and installed no problem with the head light Bulbs called TXVSO8 2020 H1 55w color white 20000lm 6000k w/fan on the back. Easy install and it was less than $10 w/shipping from China. Works great. But I have H.I.D. in the fog so only fog is fine too.

Yes they fit right in with stock dust cap.
I try to look for the link or URL, but it couldn't find. Out of stock or so...
Try searching under TXVSO8 2020 H1 110w color white 20000lm 6000k

Thanks for the info! That looks like an interesting option, even though I suspect most folks here are looking to preserve their stock electrical connectors over cutting of the plugs and crimping on spades. The Boslla's claim to connect to the OEM connector.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I’m tempted to just order the “wireless” lights and see if they fit with OEM dust caps. How to they compare in size to the red ones?

Someone's going to have to bite the "bullet", give these a try, and report. You seem to be nominated; so thanks in advance. I believe Boslla has a great return policy for US customers to reduce the risk.

Here's a nice thread on the switching, especially if your headlight adjusters are siezed.

A belated welcome to Prime. Nice color choice!

Got them the other day. Tried installing them today. Great instructions by the way @Wild Turkey . Bottom line is they don’t fit for 2 reasons. First, the angle of the connector makes it stick too far out so you can’t get the dust cap over it. Second, the OEM clip can’t fit over it so it is not secure. Returning. I guess I’ll go for the B1s? I need extended dust caps tho!
IMG_3429.jpeg
IMG_3427.jpeg

SUCCESS!!! I was able to get THESE installed with the OEM dust caps! The main challenge was getting the silver ring clip over them because the LEDs are larger than the stock bulbs. The clips will go over them but it requires bending the clip with some pliers and a good amount of force I actually broke 1/4 clips but was still able to secure the LED because of how tightly they fit over them. I will post some photos of it later when I’m at my computer but it worked!!!

Last edited:
IMG_3472.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3465.jpeg
    IMG_3465.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3466.jpeg
    IMG_3466.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3467.jpeg
    IMG_3467.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
If you have trouble with the harness clips, check that the silver ring clip is down and out of the way. You may need to push it down. That happened to me on 2/4 LEDs.

Attachments

• IMG_3463.jpeg
    IMG_3463.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 26
So I took the car out for a night drive. The LED low beams are definitely an improvement over stock and the high beams are INCREDIBLY bright. Drove around for about 30 mins. Came back and popped the hood. Opened up the covers and the felt the dust caps. They were HOT. Hot enough to burn my skin if I left it there more a few secs. Now I’m worrriwd about longevity and melting the dustcaps. @Wild Turkey are the Bossla B1s hot? I think I remember you saying they didn’t run that hot.

I didn't have my infra-red thermometer back then but I tested the B1's like this: I ran one in an unvented cap for 60 minutes. The cap didn't even feel warm. The heatsink portion was definitely hot, but not so hot that I couldn't hold it in my hand for a few seconds. ~50 deg C? I was hoping someone else would actually measure them but I don't think anyone has actually done a temp reading. My interest was whether they would be OK unvented, as Boslla had recommended, and I was convinced.
Definitely nowhere near what you're describing.

Back