• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alignment in Chicago

Yes, it is me again with more questions
smile.gif
I wish to change the alignment setup on my 92 X to allow for better tire wear. I have read all the pro's and con's and feel that the loss of handleing will not be a problem for me. I asked my local Acura dealership if they could set me up and the said no ?!?! They claim that they are only allowed to put it into factory spec. Now for the question for all you Chicago folks, where can I go to get the good Laser alignment done to my specs? I need to have this done pretty soon because I need new tires on the rear
smile.gif
Thanks in advance.

Kevin;

Call the service department at Muller's Woodfield Acura (847-519-9550, directions at http://www.woodfieldacura.com/ ) and make an appointment. They have one of the new Hunter alignment machines and are willing to align your NSX to the factory settings or any other settings you request.

When you're making your appointment, let them know if you need a free loaner. (Even if you're coming some distance, like from Oswego, you might want to spend the time at the nearby shopping malls rather than hanging around the dealership.)

If your NSX needs any other work done, feel free to arrange that as well. They have a terrific service department there, and do more work on NSX's than any other of the nine Acura dealerships in the Chicago area. They have two techs who have been trained in NSX service and have been working on them for years.

They don't normally stock synthetic 10W30, so if you'd like an oil change, you can save a few bucks by buying your own and bringing it along.

However, their tire prices aren't as low as you can get by ordering from the Tire Rack or (if you're a member of the NSX Club of America) Discount Tire with the club member discount. When you need tires, you might want to just do that closer to home.

All of the service advisors at Woodfield Acura - Kim, Ray, and Chris - understand the NSX and its needs, and Mark Dettlo, the service manager, is also available as needed. If you like, you even can talk to the NSX tech who works on your car, and ask any questions, etc.

Check out their website for coupons good for special prices on service. There's even one for alignments there.

Highly recommended.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 June 2001).]

P.S.

Check out their website for coupons good for special prices on service. There's even one for alignments there.

They're not exactly easy to find. Enter the site, click on "service dept" on the left, and then click on the screen where it says "Click Here To Print Service Coupons!"

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 07 June 2001).]

Back