• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another FF2 NSX for sale

Good luck getting $38K for a 94K miles 92, that is not exactly "cherry" condition.
Wouldn't that represent something like a 100% profit on the original price? (even allowing for the further "mods")

????????????????????

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only noticed ONE NSX in the entire movie. What gives with this multiple claims of 2F2F NSX's from the movie?! Stop the insanity!

There were actually 4 NSX's purchased for the movie. A red one which they painted blue and stickered, a white one (mine), another red one that they painted bronze/orange, and an unknown color one that they painted bronze/orange that was in the movie for a short time. They were supposed to paint mine that color also, but whomever installed the new clutch didn't initialize it properly, so they couldn't drive it. That would make 3 matching cars in case one broke, the wreck one, etc etc.

Turns out they decided not to use the NSX as much as they were first going to, possibly because of the issues with mine not shifting correctly? Who knows...I only knew a couple of the cast members, so I don't know much of the story.

They had multiples of all of the vehicles there, in case of wrecks and the such, and they sold a majority of them at the same auction.

I was looking thru autotrader the other day and noticed the guy was asking like $45k for the bronze/orange one that sat beside mine at the auction. He's even using the pic from the auction house, where you see my car behind it!! His car has nowhere near the stuff that mine has, and his also has around 20k more miles on it. I figure it can't hurt to put mine in there for a little less than that, and if it sells, it sells. Then I could buy a newer one with less miles. :D No harm in trying!

Oh yea, if you watch the "Making of 2F 2F" that they show on HBO and the such, you'll see Tyrese is leaning on my car at one point, they used it for some driving training. They also used the red one (that was later painted blue) in the training.

SR

D'Ecosse said:
Wouldn't that represent something like a 100% profit on the original price? (even allowing for the further "mods")

It's actually about 130% profit. ;)

SR

CmputerWiz said:
It's actually about 130% profit. ;)

SR
I was giving you a little credit for some of your outlay since you bought it.
bgrlaugh.gif

Last edited:
D'Ecosse said:
Seriously,though ..... I can't in good conscience even wish you "Good Luck" with that - that would mean some new NSX owner would be seriously overpaying for their potential dream.

How can you say "what's the harm?"

Because I can. It's my right to sell a vehicle for whatever I want to. If someone else feels it is worth that amount of money to them, then it is. It's not ripping them off if it's worth it to them.

SR

CmputerWiz said:
Because I can. It's my right to sell a vehicle for whatever I want to. If someone else feels it is worth that amount of money to them, then it is. It's not ripping them off if it's worth it to them.

SR

Well said :D :D :D

Cmputer Wiz, you responded & quoted me even though I had retracted my statement 1 1/2 hrs previous to your post.
Yes, it is your right, which is why I retracted it, (having slept on it) regardless of my personal opinion.

SNDSOUL said:
Its funny how everyone jumps on CmputerWiz for selling his car for a little profit b/c its wrong, but aplaudes MYNSX for trying to sell his for a TON of profit!! This board's hypocracy knows no bounds:rolleyes:

As I review the previous posts, it appears "everyone" must be just me, since I was the only one who said anything negative & even then, retracted it, with no input to that from anyone but myself - before anyone had even responded to my comment. (Fair's fair - that doesn't mean no-one read it) I retracted it because fundamentally Cmputer Wiz is right, it is his business & it was inappropriate of me to comment.
However, I am not sure where the reference to MYNSX car comes in, I have never commented on that car: neither applauded or condemned it. If he is selling I have no point of reference to even what value he has placed on it. It would appear however that he has invested considerable sums in modifications and is hardly a similar situation to this.
This is not about defending my argument re profit or whatever you want to call it - if the quoted post by you, Sndsoul was aimed specifically at me it is completely inaccurate. A board is not a single entity & you cannot compare the views of one member with those of another (or others) & claim hypocrisy because they don't align.

My comment using everyone was in reference to the numerous inuendos that CmptrWiz' should not be selling his car for $38,000 nor should he claim that it was used for the movie 2F2F. I was not portraying you as the lone gunman as such, but using a much broader stroke incompassing the board as a whole on several issues that I have judged IMO as hypocritcal. Nothing personal just making a point that too many people on the forum judge others just because they do things different. ;)

I was referring to this thread about MYNSX
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15664&highlight=MYNSX+for+sale

D'Ecosse said:
Cmputer Wiz, you responded & quoted me even though I had retracted my statement 1 1/2 hrs previous to your post.
Yes, it is your right, which is why I retracted it, (having slept on it) regardless of my personal opinion.

Sorry I hadn't even noticed that you edited it. I was in the middle of replying and had a NMLI circuit go down which ended up being caused by BellSouth cutting a fiber, so I couldn't finish the reply until they re-spliced it. Then I replied.

DOH!

SR

SNDSOUL said:
but using a much broader stroke incompassing the board as a whole on several issues that I have judged IMO as hypocritcal.

The reason you find "the board as a whole" to be hypocritical is because "the board" is made up of many different individuals with different opinions!

Calling "the board" hypocritical because different people have different opinions on similar issues is like calling people who vote hypocritical because they don't all vote the same way.

Hey anybody saw that LV NSX on sale anywhere?
I will encourage my girl friends/sister to buy it :)
In the last 4 years I already spent well over $10,000 on the LV products alone, I might as well buy the NSX for a few more $$$ ;p

Back