• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

any pittsburghers know anything about this 1999 black/black JH4NA2166XT000092

I checked this out a bit on Saturday and Sunday. Talked with the guys at that tent for Foreign Traffic. They said that they've known the owner for some time and know the car's history. I thought they might sell it before the weekend was up - since it was at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. Seemed to be in pretty good shape. The center arm rest had a bit of wear, but the seats were in better shape than my 98. I told them that if I had the funds it would look great with my fiancé driving it. ...she said we're at a 1 NSX limit...at least until the wedding in August!

I missed much of the PVGP due to a work emergency. Wish I could have seen this one there, but now hope I see you driving it soon instead. Looks sharp and at a compelling asking price. Subscribed!

I know of a recommended Acura NSX tech from the Boardman Ohio area who might be worth asking to come do a PPI if you get serious. From my experience for whatever it's worth - don't be in a hurry and buy the one that has all you want and causes you no doubt. But decide quickly if this one is the One before Kelly realizes how good black and gold NSX's would look in their garage!!!!! Good luck and keep us in the loop!

posted this in the similar thread I made in the prospective owners section:

well, it was posted on Autotrader last night, and sold this afternoon. I called the guy at 1PM saying i'd go look at it, and by the time I got out of work and reached at 5:30, someone had bought it (buyer was in chicago according to the dealer). Was a 2 owner car, 2nd owner had it for the past 10-11 years. He sadly passed away and his wife sold it to this dealership. The craziest part was the price. 43k including a timing belt/water pump service to be performed by the dealer. The dealer Bill knew quite a lot about the NSX and said they sell and service them relatively often. still amazed at the price...1999 NSX with 32K miles, brand new tb/wp for $43k. There were minor rock chips on the front bumper some curb rash on one wheel, and a small spot of over buffed paint, but other than that I couldn't find anything. No bolster wear consistent with miles.

Oh well, this one slipped through my fingers. hopefully i'll find another. Probably won't find one this close for some time. Congrats to the new owner, whoever he is. wonder if he's a member here.

Last edited:
Wow! That sounded like a nice clean one. Sad to have missed one so close to you. But be patient, the right one will come through. Talk to Andy about being patient. He wrote the book. Mine is a 99 black/black with 27k miles.

John

Back