• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AROSC Time Trials at Spring Mountain NV Saturday & Sunday April 23rd. and 24th.

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm planning on attending this track event. In that the track is relatively far away, and it is my understanding that there are few hotel accommodations near the track, that I thought I would put an early feeler to see if I can get three of you to go with me. That way we can consider renting a motor home to stay/sleep in at the track (Spring Mountain is allowing camping on their grounds over the weekend). I've done some research on motor home pricing and so far I have come up with a cost range between $800 and $1,000 for the weekend (pick-up on Friday and drop of on Monday).

Spring Mountain is the track I cut my teeth on during NSXPO in Las Vegas in 2010. It's a private track, like Thermal at NSXPO 2015. The race track features a combination of fast sweeping corners, quick esses, off-camber turns, over 125 ft of elevation change and 4 high-speed straights including a half mile straight. The track has replicas of some of racing’s most famous corners including Mosport's 5a and 5b, the Watkins Glen "Bus Stop", Road Atlanta's turn 1, and Laguna Seca's "Corkscrew".

The cost is $189.00 per day, and I believe the cost for transponder rental id $10.00 per day, if you want to know your lap times. AROSC (Alfa Club of Southern California) is a good group to run with. For us novices, they provide debriefings and classroom instruction after most track sessions. It is my understanding that you can also get one of the AROSC instructors to ride along with you. So, basically you are getting track time and instruction for one price.

The itinerary that I envision is to meet up somewhere on Friday around noon or so, then drive up to the track together. However, one of us, probably me, will need to drive the motor home and tow their NSX behind it (I have a bra to protect the car paint). On Sunday, we will drive home after the last session and AROSC awards presentation. You don’t have to stay for the awards presentation, and you don’t have to drive at the pace of the motor home, if you are in a hurry to get home.

I think this trip and track event will be a lot of fun. If you are interested, PM me or give me a call 626-676-3000.

Below is a link to Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club web site:

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com

Below is the link to the AROSC web site:

http://www.arosc.org

I am def in if it falls on spring break time. I have time share so I can get rooms near by.

I glad you are interested. I realize that most NSX owners do not want to track their car for several good reasons, i.e., its costly, potential rock chips or worse, potentially dangerous and potential damage to the engine and other moving parts.

Keep me informed on whether or not the track weekend falls during your spring break!

Mario

Back