• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AUX input signal on stock BOSE stereo

AUX input signal on stock BOSE stereo - HELP!

I have an 91 HONDA NSX with a stock BOSE stereo.

Could someone please tell me how to make/build something that could "force" the stock BOSE stereo to be able to switch to AUX/DIN input??
I want to use a DVD player - and just recently bought an ALP/M-RCA converter cable....which I was to naiv to beleive that it would fix every problem in the world....
On the back of the box which contained the new cable it says that I must remember to connect the "patch cord"....but there is no patch cord from my DVD-player.
Someone said in another thread here at this forum that the BOSE Stereo is looking for a 6v input.

HOW CAN I PROVIDE (EASILY...) THE BOSE STEREO WITH 6V and to which pin at the DIN-PLUG?? Is there some of the pins that should be short circuit? I tried that with pin number 1 and 3 (BUS + BUS GROUND) with no luck....

Is someone knows how to do thies easily and can present a step-by-step instruction, maybe with picures/drawings, I would be VERY HAPPY!

Last solution is to toss the OEM stereo away, and get an aftermarked nice standard stereo with a AUX/RCA input....

Thanx in advance....

Tore Kvittem
(email: [email protected])
Norway
(homepage: http://www.nippon.no):(

Last edited:
Bringing the thraed to life again as I am sure someone out there has a solution.

Back