• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Racing Coilover - Clicking Noises

I have had BC coilovers installed for about 5 months and have noticed that the fronts are noisy in the sense that when traveling over bumps during normal driving they seem to "click" as though something isn't tightened down properly. Still hear the noise after having everything spot checked on my last service. Has anyone had a similar issue or can anyone provide some guidance here?

Thanks in advance!

I have this problem with mine in the drivers side rear. I jack up the car and I can wiggle the spring under zero load. I tighten it up hella tight and it's good for a few months. I do not know why it comes loose. I tighten the lock nut with a lot of force. Maybe it's because I am too fat for such a light car! I would start there though...

Thanks, I'll have to give it a good look over and tighten things down I suppose.

Check the top mono mount nut. They tend to get loose over time. Tighten it will fix the problem. Easy fix 17mm socket tight it and done :wink:

^^^ plus 1. My Bok Choy (BC) coilovers had loose mono ball nuts right out of the box. Guess I should have noted that too.

Check the top mono mount nut. They tend to get loose over time. Tighten it will fix the problem. Easy fix 17mm socket tight it and done :wink:

Thanks! I plan on spending some time with the car this weekend. I'll update.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the top nut and see if that does it

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ plus 1. My Bok Choy (BC) coilovers had loose mono ball nuts right out of the box. Guess I should have noted that too.

Thanks!

Back