• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black Leather Seat Skins, OE Used (skins only, not the foam or frames)

I recently replaced the skins on my '92 with some new ones from leatherseats.com. I removed the OE skins as carefully as any human could, and figured someone out there could make use of them for their restoration project.

With some minimal stitching work, you could pretty easily combine the best pieces of the set to make a pretty nice looking complete seat for a fraction of the price of OE replacement parts.

Not sure what is a fair price, but OE leather swatches for repair go for 50~150, and new OE pieces go for 400~1200 if you can find them, so I figure $300 OBO for the full set is pretty sensible.

Here is a quick description of the condition of each piece:
*Headrests: both sides nearly perfect
*Back inserts: both sides nearly perfect, a bit of a scratch on one
*Bottom inserts: one a bit scratched/creased and rashed on the corners, the other pretty good, but slight rash on the corners and the rear retention clip is partially cracked (not visible when installed)
*Sidebolsters/wraparound: driver side is a bit rough on the outboard side, but pretty good on the inboard. Passenger side a touch rashed on the outboard side, but generally in quite good condition.

All of the pieces are minimally wrinkled/stretched out (better than your average ebay part in this regard I'd say).

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_3543.jpg
    IMG_3543.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 1,230
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • IMG_1288.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 1,223
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,208
Last edited:
Changing out the seat covers is easy. Requires basic tools and if you are careful you can reuse all the hog rings.

FYI the upper side seat bolsters are the same across seat sides. IOW the LH upper bolster on one seat is the same as the LH side of the other seat. The same for each upper RH as well. However, the lower bolsters are unique as there are 4 different lower bolsters (inboard left and right, outboard left and right).

If you separate the lower bolster (with the careful use of a sharp razor to only cut the threads) from the upper bolster below the bellows, then you can retrofit a passenger side upper bolster onto the driver side to repair the often split upper bolster. A good upholstery shop is required to match the stitching size so the thread goes back into the same holes, or it will look strange.

To summarize the summary: the passenger side LH upper bolster can be used to repair a drivers LH upper bolster with the help of some sewing from an upholstery shop.

>Agreed, well said, drew.

Ok, some cost analysis: a new pair of aftermarket seat covers (which appear to be quite good, and customizable) is US$730. https://www.leatherseats.com/shop/1991-2005-acura-nsx-black-pkg.html

You are essentially selling a single good seat cover that requires extra work and outside expenditure for about half of that....midas swell get 2x new seat covers at 2x the price of used.

It cost me ~$100 or so dollars to get my upper and lower seat bolsters sewn together because he had to do a few test runs to get the thread and stitching correct, and he did an awesome job.

I realize that originality has value so it may be worth it to some or many. The used seat covers I salvaged were gifted to me for the cost shipping because of the help I have given other people on this list (and lots of people help me back too!)

Back