• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brown County Indiana Run-Parade-Gathering July 7

SMS

Registered Member
There is a nice little event coming up on Saturday July 7 in Freetown, In.
We have a little "Mayberry like" summer festival with a parade and car show.
Parade starts at 1:00 PM, registration starts at 11.

Freetown is 22 miles +/- south of Nashville, In. on State Road 135, which as you likely know is about the best area to drive in the state.

Looks like groups are coming from the Indy area and Louisville, so If you want to hook up with a caravan great, or arrive on your own is OK too.

We have a field to set up in afterward for an informal car display and have some food, then an afternoon cruise on some good roads heading back out to I-65 where everybody can head there own ways. Trophies and prizes for parade catagories to be awarded, including some stuff Griot's Garage sent to us.

Looking for a variety of sports, exotic, muscle, antique cars.

If coming from Indy, Rick with a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo will be heading the group and departing from the McDonald's at 465 and 37 on the south side at 10:00 AM.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
If I am in the country at the time I may do this....I will not know for sure until about the middle of next week.

I saw this on f-chat. Sounds like fun. Might bring the NSX, tricked out TT, and Z06 if I can get enough drivers interested. I am definitely coming in the X. I will be on the lookout for Barney Fife up there in Mayberry:biggrin:

The roads are amazing in that area. It would be a shame to miss this drive since that is what we have these cars for. I am extremely amped for this event.

Shouldn't have to worry about Barney, we can't afford a cop after buying fuel for the fire truck. Gotta have another bake sale!!!

Seriously, fourringpilot is right, the roads make this event. In fact I live right on 135 and see some group of you guys make fall runs thru there in your NSX's and that is why I thought of posting this here.

I posted the Indy caravan info, but if coming from the south, PM Gershwin on FChat as he is looking for some running mates for his 355, and a guy from Madison is bringing a carb 308 and/or his vintage Alfa so maybe you can make an event out of the morning commute too.

You guys will find me in a white 59 Vette with Hoosier TD's, say hey.

Weather update:
Forecast says pleasant with clouds and sun. Dry. 90.
Hope it holds!

I have a check engine light....rear O2 sensor....the part arrived at the dealer too late yesterday for me to pick it up. I will get it tomorrow and try to have it in before the weekend. I am trying like heck to get that installed and delay our Canada trip so that I can make this.

I was wondering if anyone made it? I was planning on going up Saturday so I went through a "touchless" wash that removed my front lip and broke off the antenna. I had to meet the owner Saturday afternoon to be reimbursed. He says he will no longer allow the NSX in his wash.

Attachments

• 100_1706.jpg
    100_1706.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 35
I was wondering if anyone made it? I was planning on going up Saturday so I went through a "touchless" wash that removed my front lip and broke off the antenna. I had to meet the owner Saturday afternoon to be reimbursed. He says he will no longer allow the NSX in his wash.

That is very unfortunate, sorry about your luck!
Actually no X's made it. Between you Dan and Mitch we were hoping for some coverage. Some good variety though, and a good driving day all in all.

Good deal. Most of the people there so far are from here, corvetteforum, ferrarichat, elisetalk, lambo-power, etc... so it is a good way to get several groups consolidated into the regional events and get some "cross pollination".

It's worked pretty well so far. Site was started by a Notre Dame student who is a big car buff and photographer.

Bill

That is very unfortunate, sorry about your luck!
Actually no X's made it. Between you Dan and Mitch we were hoping for some coverage. Some good variety though, and a good driving day all in all.

Sorry gang! I was completely unavailable for this. :frown:

Sorry gang! I was completely unavailable for this. :frown:

Were running again on July 28 if you guys are available. No parade this time, just good driving.

Leaving from the Indy south side I-65 and Southport Road Steak n Shake at 1:00 PM.
Down 65 to exit #64 to join up with some others coming from points south.
There is a big Marathon gas parking lot there at Hwy 58.

Depart Marathon at 2:00 PM on a great winding, hilly, smooth, clean route to Nashville to see and be seen at their weekly Cruise-in. They have good parking, shade, live music, food.

Talk cars, eat pizza.

Back