• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone in Minnesota (Brookyln Park) look at an NSX for me?

I actually bought my 91 at Buerkle almost 4 years ago now. It had 32K miles when I bought it. The salesman at the time was very professional as were most of the staff. I haven't been back there since only because there is another Acura dealer much closer to where I live. They also had another 93 on the lot at the same time that was in really nice condition as well. I can try to make it up there this weekend to check it out for you. I can't promise unfortunately because I'm on call at my job.
Bob

I can probably do it tommorow(Friday). Whats your name and where are you from.. I'll reference you when I go see it. Do you know what salesperson you talked to? I'll probably go late afternoon/early evening so I'll check back here, or you can PM me.

My name is Jason Keen and I'm from St. Louis. I spoke with Gregg Stoltman. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but a typical salesman. He told me all the things they did (new tires, 150 point inspection - essentially Acura Certified, although they can't get the true Acura Certification since the car is not a 2001 or newer, 30K mile service) and how the car "deserved it."

I couldn't tell how willing he was to budge on the price, although he'll eventually have to if he wants to sell the car. My target is in the low $50K's. I would be curious to know how the paint looks, whether the tires do appear to have full tread, and any other important aspects of the car worth noting. If either of you have a chance to stop by, that would be great. I'll PM each of you my cell phone number in case you want to talk before or after you look at the car, or you can just PM me the details of what you find out.

On a side note, if I wanted to have a PPI done at a different Acura dealer, do you know of any others in the area that have experience with the NSX?

OK, so since Redyang^^^ mentioned he was going to go see it. I didn't know if I should go.. So I tried calling him(with a number a fellow prime member gave me), but I obviously had the wrong number. So then I tried calling the dealer, but couldn't get ahold of anyone. So I finally went, at 6:30, and they were closed? I would think they are open later then that, but I guess not. If noone has seen it by tommorow afternoon, I will try again. If someone has seen it, can you post up in this thread so just one of us goes out there.. Thanks.

Sorry for not updating sooner, I got there and heres the report. The car is in mint condition. No major flaws that I saw except for a scratch on the targa top. Engine is a little dirty for a car that only has 12k but a little care would do the trick. Tires are new, probably 95% tread. Looks like no aftermarket parts.

Only potential issues was that the targa seemed to not fit as tightly as mine and others that I have looked at. Maybe it was the heat, I doubt its a huge deal. The only other issue is personal taste. The car has tan leather which I didn't think went very well with the red.

I talked to the salesman about price. He said he was unsure of how low they would go. Looking to get something close to the listed $59k. But, turns out they bought it off a collector and car was not a trade in so I'm sure the first owner took a huge hit and they're just trying to make a huge profit.

There's also a 2004 there with 40k for the same price if you're interested.

Hope this helps.

RedYangNSX said:
Sorry for not updating sooner, I got there and heres the report. The car is in mint condition. No major flaws that I saw except for a scratch on the targa top. Engine is a little dirty for a car that only has 12k but a little care would do the trick. Tires are new, probably 95% tread. Looks like no aftermarket parts.

Only potential issues was that the targa seemed to not fit as tightly as mine and others that I have looked at. Maybe it was the heat, I doubt its a huge deal. The only other issue is personal taste. The car has tan leather which I didn't think went very well with the red.

I talked to the salesman about price. He said he was unsure of how low they would go. Looking to get something close to the listed $59k. But, turns out they bought it off a collector and car was not a trade in so I'm sure the first owner took a huge hit and they're just trying to make a huge profit.

There's also a 2004 there with 40k for the same price if you're interested.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again for taking a look. Just a few follow-up questions:

(1) How noticeable and how big was the scratch on the targa roof?

(2) You mention the targa roof fitment wasn't as tight as others you've seen. Could this lead to problems with the roof leaking? Does it detract at all from the appearance of the car (i.e. does the fitment look odd and is it very noticeable?)

(3) Interesting that you mention the red/tan combo. To be honest, I've been pretty set on that combo, however I've never actually sat in one. I did see a red/black here in St. Louis, which I thought was fine, but I was still leaning towards the tan. Who knows, maybe I'd change my mind when I saw it.

scratch on targa is very small and takes nothing away from overall car. in terms of the targa, all the seals looked brand new. I doubt it'll leak. plus I doubt you'll be parking outside. should be ok. glad you like the tan red combo. let us know if you pull the trigger.

jkeen01 said:
(3) Interesting that you mention the red/tan combo. To be honest, I've been pretty set on that combo, however I've never actually sat in one. I did see a red/black here in St. Louis, which I thought was fine, but I was still leaning towards the tan.
I kinda like red/tan, and that's coming from a red/black owner.:smile:

OK, so I went to take a look today. The scratch on the roof is small and has been touched up. It is on the passenger side, at the extreme rear/passenger corner of the top. But it does have a little touch up paint on it, and really isn't that bad at all.

I'm not sure what redyang saw wrong with the top, regarding the seals/fit of it. I didn't notice anything, even with the intention of going there just to check that point out. I looked over the entire top and put a little muscle into seeing if there may be any abnormal play.. there was none. I do not see it being an issue.

There is a small rock chip sized chip in the paint inside of the door handle area of the A pillar, which you cannot see when the door is closed.. Looks possibly like someone had a key in their hand when they reached to pull on the door handle. Then there are two similar(very small) sized chips on the edge of the scoop area of the door, that have both been touched up with a darker red touch up paint. Other then these points, and these are all very minor, this car is very clean.

And about the Red/Tan, I actually liked it.

BTW, they added a 2 year 100k mile warranty to the car today as well. He also noted they did the 30k service on it also.

Other then those very small blemishes, I looked over the entire car, and it is in very nice condition. As it should have considering it only has 12k on it. Tires looked close to brand new. I didn't talk to him about price, but thats between you and the dealer.

If there is anything else you would like to know, that I did not cover, don't hesitate to ask.

Stunningly, this car is still available - I can't imagine a dealer keeping a used car in inventory for 5+ months (serious floorplan costs). The price is now a more reasonable $50k.

jkeen01 said:
Thanks for the update, I'm actually in the process of purchasing this car!:smile:

Nice! A prepurchase congrats! I see this one, and the other older red one, every time I go there to get OEM parts. I think they like having them sitting there in the used car area, makes them look like ballers.:biggrin:

Thanks for the update, I'm actually in the process of purchasing this car!:smile:

did you buy it? If you are in the process and end up purchasing you should stop by Elite's shop, maybe a preinspection if needed

Back