• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago caravan to NSXPO

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
I'm torn between two caravan options right now. I can go west to Nashville on Tuesday, hang out with that crowd for dinner, etc. that evening and then caravan up with them Wednesday. The only down-sides are that going that route adds several hundred miles to my trip and that caravan isn't planning to arrive at the hotel until later.

Or I can drive up to Chicago on Tuesday, spend the night and join that caravan around noon on Wednesday, arriving early with plenty of time to get all unpacked and check out the local area before heading to the reception dinner. Are there any good places to stay near the departure point for the Chicago caravan? Would anyone be interested in getting together Tuesday night?

I can go west to Nashville on Tuesday, hang out with that crowd for dinner, etc. that evening and then caravan up with them Wednesday. The only down-sides are that going that route adds several hundred miles to my trip and that caravan isn't planning to arrive at the hotel until later.

The route for that caravan has changed slightly and they now plan to overnight in Lexington, Kentucky.

Perhaps Steve can comment about places to stay and Tuesday dinner.

Thanks for the updated info on the caravan.. Lexington, KY as a stopover makes that a very attractive route from my position. I'll probably go with that plan.

There MAY be another change.

The caravan that is/was going to stop in Nashville and was changed to Lexington is coming from the Southeast, with folks from Florida, the Carolinas, and Atlanta.

I just checked the Florida Chapter website and now it appears that they're driving from their overnight stop in Atlanta to an overnight in Springfield, Illinois (this route is neither direct nor scenic) to meet the caravan coming from California and Arizona. This is news to me and I was not aware of it until now.

You may want to check with Wei-Shen Chin, who is leading this group, at [email protected]

Yes I e-mailed him yesterday and just hadn't gotten to posting the update. I'm definitely not interested in that route. I'll probably drive direct to Chicago on Tuesday and try to meet up with that group caravaning in on Wednesday. If anyone has recommendations on where to stay or a possible get-together Tuesday evening, please post here!

From Honolulu, I will be flying in to Chicago on Monday morning, Oct. 15th and will be staying with family (located in a southwest suburb) until Wednesday, early morning, the 17th. It's up in the air right now, if I will be renting a car to drive up to NSXPO '01, or if someone doesn't mind a co-pilot
rolleyes.gif
, you wouldn't even know I'd be there. I'll travel light. But, from what I have gathered so far, I will rent a car and hopefully be part of the caravan going up. (And, if a NSXCA member needs a few items transported up to NSXPO, I'd be glad to get a large car for the occasion.) My hopes go either way, as long as I'm with the NSXCA caravan. BTW, I have a few club radios to bring, but I still need to see that they are in working order.

Well, to ALL, have a safe trip to NSXPO 2001.
smile.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

[This message has been edited by Timeless (edited 18 September 2001).]

I will be transporting my car via enclosed to Chicago and driving up to NSXPO. It should arrive around the 14th. Ken, what date and time are you planning on leaving with the caravan? I'd love to join.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

The Chicago caravan will be leaving at noon on the 17th from the northern suburbs (either Lake Forest or North Chicago).

For all those heading to NSXPO 2001, please consider joining the meeting point in the suburbs north of Chicago for our HUGE caravan of NSX's. We will be meeting at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, October 17, at the Lake Forest Oasis. This is a highway rest area on the northbound Tri-State Tollway, which is I-94 west. It includes a Mobil gas station and food from Wendy's and Baskin Robbins.

From downtown Chicago, follow signs for I-94 west (Kennedy Expressway towards O'Hare). After 7 miles, follow signs reading "I-94 west - Edens Expressway - Milwaukee". Go 15 miles and take the exit marked I-94 west - "Milwaukee". (Do NOT continue on U.S. 41 at this point.) Go 12 more miles on I-94 and exit for the Lake Forest Oasis.

For those driving around Chicago on the Tri-State Tollway I-294 north, after you pass the exit for O-Hare International Airport, continue north another 13 miles, at which point I-294 joins with I-94. Continue northbound on I-94 west 8 more miles and exit for the Lake Forest Oasis.

Click here to view a map showing the location of the Lake Forest Oasis. We'll meet in the far end of the parking lot. See you there!

is there a caravan going though kansas city?if so were are they meeting at?I am a new NSX owner and would like to join the club.

Ron Stafford (with whom you spoke today) has offered to host any NSXPO caravaners going through KC, but I'm not aware of anyone else going that way. The big group coming from the southwest is planning to go via Tulsa and St. Louis.

nsxtasy,Ron Stafford-what a neat person,30yr+ race history.Ron was so helpfull and knowledgable about nsxs and the nsx club that indeed i'll be joining soon,he also set me up w/ service to fix my a/c at same price Basch would do it for,about a grand less.He also thought my nsx was very clean car and the price I paid was less than avg.,the '95 that was for sale was an automatic so no intrest there,but if he ever gets in a newer one i'll consider trading up.Hopefully '97+ and black!thanks Ken!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
For all those heading to NSXPO 2001, please consider joining the meeting point in the suburbs north of Chicago for our HUGE caravan of NSX's. We will be meeting at 12:00 noon

There will be (at least) three coming from Michigan.

Yes. (Exit 59 is the exit for IL 60.)

(Funny, I didn't even realize until now that the exits around here are numbered.)

I believe the following caravans are all planning to converge at the Lake Forest Oasis at the same time:

Florida/Southeast caravan
New York/New England caravan
Michigan caravan

along with (of course):

Chicago caravan

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 09 October 2001).]

I'll be joining the Chi caravan on Wednesday. I look forward to meeting everyone that I have previously only exchanged e-mail and telephone chats with.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Back