• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch damper delete - what's your choice?

I've noticed a few different solutions for the clutch damper delete. Do you guys have a favorite? Some seem pretty pricey considering what it's doing. I'd be fine with a bent line with fittings but the hose replacement to bypass directly to the slave looks simple too. I'm not worried about how it looks.

I've noticed a few different solutions for the clutch damper delete. Do you guys have a favorite? Some seem pretty pricey considering what it's doing. I'd be fine with a bent line with fittings but the hose replacement to bypass directly to the slave looks simple too. I'm not worried about how it looks.
I did it the OEM way with all OEM parts. I honestly don't find it that much different than the dampened version, though fast gear shifts are more direct feeling through the pedal. The Honda soft line lasts 20-30 years and I trust it more than the aftermarket versions. JMO

I've never had anything to compare NSX-wise but compared to all the other manual transmission cars I've driven it always felt soft when engaging. I'm putting an SOS-275 clutch assembly in it if that makes a difference. I guess it's not that hard to do if I stay OEM and decide to change later.

My car came with the aluminum black anodized block for the clutch damper delete (most likely installed at the same time with the Comptech Powergrip clutch and the super charger kit) so never got to feel the original damper. In my daily driver, 07 TL-S MT the OEM slave has a check valve that I removed/deleted and made a big difference to me for drivability and clutch feel.

When I was ready to replace the clutch I ordered the OEM clutch damper delete from the NSX-R for $95 about a year ago from Japan. Now the same part is $80 and the Pole2Flag braided line is about the same price so I think the only factor would be time/availability and overall look. For me I preferred to reuse the OEM brackets with the OEM delete but since you mentioned that wasn't a worry for you the line might just be the easier choice.

So Honda has an OEM clutch damper delete? Amayama shows the part number as RECEIVER, AIR CON but the diagram looks correct. I'll order this if it's actually a delete. For the price it seems like it would have to be. :cool:

i just ran a hose from the hardline directly to the slave, bypassing all the clutch damper and the requirement for the clutch damper delete block

i just ran a hose from the hardline directly to the slave, bypassing all the clutch damper and the requirement for the clutch damper delete block
Isn't it two different sized fittings? Where do you get the hose? I thought the "delete" hose sold was what you're talking about.

Isn't it two different sized fittings? Where do you get the hose? I thought the "delete" hose sold was what you're talking about.
i had to weld a fitting onto the oem slave cylinder hose flange, which meant butchering the old oem hose a bit.

Then i just got a custom hose made up by goodridge.

Back