• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch grommets hack (1992)

So I saw the problem with the clutch grommets deteriorating on my 1st gen (1992) preventing vehicle operation. I grew tired of wedging myself in there. So I uploaded a picture of the FOREVER fix for these nasty buggers. The fix is a 1/4" screw, nut, and washer. I JB welded over the Phillips hole and hit it with 1500 grit sandpaper and a little silicon lube...I haven't had a problem with it in 6 years so far..I hope this helps y'all :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_163050915.jpg
    IMG_20230920_163050915.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 25
So I saw the problem with the clutch grommets deteriorating on my 1st gen (1992) preventing vehicle operation. I grew tired of wedging myself in there. So I uploaded a picture of the FOREVER fix for these nasty buggers. The fix is a 1/4" screw, nut, and washer. I JB welded over the Phillips hole and hit it with 1500 grit sandpaper and a little silicon lube...I haven't had a problem with it in 6 years so far..I hope this helps y'all :)
do you have to remove the clutch pedal to fit that in?

Back