• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Anti-Sway Bars

I installed their latest version on my 98-T last Septemeber at our club Tech day at Comptech ........ being anal about comfort and yet annoyed by the OEM body roll, I was surprised how much better the car felt on their neutral setting ........ body roll is reduced by at least 40-50% and the car now tracks much more precisely, it has better steering response and less play. And frankly no downside in comfort at all ...... and no cowl or rattle that I can hear. Occasionally the CD will skip sooner on rough surfaces. I think all Ts should come with stiffer sway bars ...... especially if you do spirited driving or track the car.

Now having said this, there has been some discussion that while sway bars reduce body roll, they also give false assurance regarding how well you are gripping the road on a high speed tight turn on the track ...... so may get an oversteer situation quicker at the limit of the envelope ....... this is where I believe the non-compliance toe link becomes helpful (non compliance is a misnomor ... it just means that they replace the rubber in the oem toe link .. for a while I thought it was non-compliance with oem products .... LOL!)And yes, the toe link is more expensive than the sway bars .... go figure ...
frown.gif

HTH

Back