• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Critique the suspension/alignment results

This is after an alignment today.... what are your thoughts. I'm not quite understanding the toe numbers. I asked for .1 toe out front and .1 toe in rear and he mumbled something I didn't quite get. He was also afraid to touch the caster for some reason. I just installed new JRZ's so this is the first alignment after that. Car sees about 50% track time, 50% street time.

Full specs:

JRZ Race dampers
Hypercoil 800# front 550# rear
Dali front track bar
OEM rear 2005 bar
TiDave's rear beam bushings. TiDave inner front offset bearings. TiDave rear toe links, front clamps and sway bar links.
235/40/17 and 275/35/18 NT01

CCF07032014_0000_zpsa8d88495.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Some on here like the Caster maxed out, tiDave told me he personally likes around 8-8.5. I'm close to max, could have probably got both numbers to 10.

You do not need that much rear toe with a non compliant rear end. You can dial that down to 0.20 degrees for total toe because you no longer have the rubber back there to compress in turns.

Is that total of .6 toe in? Am I reading that right? I asked for 0.1. I would have gone with zero. How does he give me .6 when I ask for 0.1? 0.6 is way high.

That is what I was thinking. My alignment with the non compliant rear end is .1 on each for a .2 total which makes for some long lasting tires

before you do anything else run a track event and tell us how it felt and what kind of lap times and your tire temps across the tires and at what hot pressures.You have spent so much time and effort on your car you really need to keep a good data log book from each event.

Doc I will do that. Other than total toe in the rear does everything else look ok? I was surprised I could get that much negative camber up front. With this setup should I have a little more camber rear than front?

And how is that caster number? What difference do you feel on the track on 8 caster versus 10? The alignment guys told me the more caster the better due to it making for increased camber in a turn... But tiDave told me he only runs 8-8.5 and suggested I back off a little. I'm not sure how this affects feel or grip.

Last edited:
In general you want more neg camber up front...I thought you had a camber kit to get that much - up front? what is your rake?

My rake is at 1/4". I don't have a camber kit, I have TiDave's inner front offset bearings. And I am not sure they are installed correctly but apparently enough to get me to -2.7. So looks like I have -2.7 all around now... I want to get -3 up front. It's less rubbing. I am almost fully clear already. That camber really helps clearance. Being I am going to a 225/40/18 soon it may be helpful too. I don't know what to get to get me to -3 and beyond. Same issue as what is posted in another thread just below this one.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a screen shot of my hunter results in my build thread somewhere.

It's kind of a half page shot.

you won't notice the castor and the tire temps will tell you how the camber is working.When is your next event.You should have signed up for the scda LRP event in 2 weeks.

My next event is in august at WGI. I really haven't had much track time this year as the car has been mostly down with the ceramic brake issues.

This is what I've been running for the past year and am very happy with it. As a general overview I'm non-compliance in most spots. Running the same size tires and rake as you.
2agy3ajy.jpg

How are you guys getting such lower rear negative camber settings? How low are your cars? Are you running rear camber kits?

I just had my alignment done and in order to balance both sides, my rear negative camber settings are at -3.9 degrees (I'm at -1.5 degrees upfront). That was the least amount of camber he could set my car to. I'm also running zero toe at all 4 corners, but I heard that was not a good idea?

To confirm, I don't track or autox my car - just spirited driving on back roads.

You must be really low, is your car slammed?

Are you asking me? or Dayta? I am not slammed at all. I have probably 1/2 to 3/4" wheel gap front and rear.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also running zero toe at all 4 corners, but I heard that was not a good idea?

To confirm, I don't track or autox my car - just spirited driving on back roads.

I think unless you have all the non-compliant bushings and links, you want to run a bit of toe in/out.

Here is Billy Johnson's recommendation from a while back:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...or-track-use?p=1407107&viewfull=1#post1407107

Last edited:
I was asking Dayta. I didn't know you could get that much rear camber at its most relaxed setting.

I was asking Dayta. I didn't know you could get that much rear camber at its most relaxed setting.

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty low. I have zero wheel gap front and rear - had to roll my car onto the alignment rack because my OEM side skirts were scraping on the ramp with me in it.

My driver side rear actually has some play (could get it closer to -3 degrees)...it's my passenger side rear that's the problem. The camber adjustment is maxed out at -3.9 degrees.

I think unless you have all the non-compliant bushings and links, you want to run a bit of toe in/out.

Here is Billy Johnson's recommendation from a while back:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...or-track-use?p=1407107&viewfull=1#post1407107

Got it, thanks for the info! Btw, sorry to hijack your thread...

I went with zero toe because my camber is so bad. I already know I'm going to wear through rear tires at -3.9 degrees camber in the rear...didn't want to make it worse with toe.

So it sounds like I'm screwed unless I raise the car?

Last edited:
Is that total of .6 toe in? Am I reading that right? I asked for 0.1. I would have gone with zero. How does he give me .6 when I ask for 0.1? 0.6 is way high.

Looks like the printout shows your toe in degrees. I'm guessing the 0.1 is the desired toe in inches. You'll have to do some math to convert.

- - - Updated - - -

Also seems odd that the caster did not change at all with the other adjustments made to the front wheels.

Last edited:
Back