• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DaBears2k HID group buy

Re: Group Buy - DDM 55w HID Kits - Dabears2k Performance

What you have said above is why I am in here providing you guys top notch customer service.

I too was once a customer of Oliver's, but I knew that I could do better in terms of customer service. Here I am...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am forced to give a negative review of Matt (Dabears2k)

Matt, you had the time to check on NSX Prime and reply, how come you didn't reply to my email today?

FULL DETAILS:

I get all of my work done by Don at Hilltop Auto Service.
Don is a 1 hour drive away from me, 1 way. Total of 74 miles away, round trip, and $15 worth of gas.

Because of this I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to receive the HID kit (ordered from Matt) on or before Friday February 22, 2008 because I was getting a scheduled appointment with Don on Saturday Feb 23, 2008.

I placed an order from Xenon Expert on Monday. As usual, sellers always have good communication before you buy a product from them, but after you pay them, communication suddenly dissappears.

This goes true for BOTH Oliver (Xenon Expert) AND Matt (Dabears2k)

I placed an order through Xenon Expert on Monday Feb 18, 2008. Oliver said that "If I order on Monday, I should get it on or before Friday", but he NEVER gave me 100% of his word that it would.
Because of this, I cancelled my order on Tuesday Feb 19, 2008 with Oliver. He was hesitant, and after the purchase, communication was bad, but he DID cancel the order as I requested.

I emailed Matt (Dabears2k) on the situation that I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to get the HID kit ON or BEFORE FRIDAY 22, 2008, and I asked him what is the latest time I could order before it arrives on Friday.

This is the exact email between himself and myself:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: 35W HID for NSX
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:22:26 +0000
>
> The 55w kit still draws less power than stock...
>
> You can order by thurs at noon and get them Friday.
>
> Matt
> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: xxxxxxxx <[email protected]>
>
> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 03:02:56
> To:<[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: 35W HID for NSX
>
>
> Hello Matt,
>
> Thanks for the quick email, I appreciate it.
> He finally emailed back, and he said he can do 2 day air shipping if needed.
>
> I was considering the 55W HID kit, but it draws more power.
> For this, it's not about the difference in money, I just want the 35W kit.
>
> What's the latest day I can order from you and have it arrive on Friday?
> I'll let you know ASAP if I'm going to continue the order with him.
>
> Thanks, and have a good day.
>
> Regards,
>
> xxxxxxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, Matt assured me that if I order by Thursday Feb 21, 2008 by noon, and I will get the HID kit by Friday Feb 22, 2008.

I paid Matt via Paypal almost immediately, on WEDNESDAY FEB 20, 2008 at approx 4:30PM

You can see the PROOF here on this snapshot of Paypal

paypal.jpg

I emailed Matt on Friday morning for a tracking number.
He emails me back this:

-----------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Order Update
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:44:43 -0800

It will be to you by tomorrow at the ABSOLUTE LATEST.

Fedex - 113324510008015

Thanks,

Matt

-------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I WAS FURIOUS, but I wanted to give Matt a chance, and hear his explanation.

I had already told him that I needed the HID kit ON or BEFORE Friday, he SAID THAT HE WOULD DELIVER, yet he did not.

I checked that FedEX number, and what made me even MORE ANGRY was the fact that the HID kit WASN'T EVEN SHIPPED OUT UNTIL FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!

Here is a picture proof of that.

Fedex.jpg

As you can see in the picture, THE HID KIT WASN'T EVEN SENT TO FEDEX UNTIL FRIDAY AFTERNOON AT 2:20PM!!!
If you look at that picture, the HID kit won't arrive until Feb 26, 2008

Once again, I email Matt.
His quick emails have suddenly become very slow.

This is my email to him:

------------------------------------------

On Feb 22, 2008, at 3:36 PM, xxxxxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Matt,

Unless I receive the HID set before 6pm PST, I will be forced to give you a negative review on NSX Prime.

-xxxxx

----------------------------------------

This is Matt's reply to me:

I cannot control what you do, but I have done my absolute best to get you the kit on time. Sometimes things are out of my control.

Matt

This is another email reply from him:

I have been out and just got your email.

I do EVERYTHING in my power to get orders shipped the same day they are placed. Since you are in California, that means getting it the next day. Sometimes my shipping person cannot get every order boxed and prepared for shipment before Fedex arrives for the day.

I have made sure that your package will be delivered tomorrow as early as possible so that you will have it before you have to head to your mechanic's. Once again, I do everything in my power to get things out ASAP, but my shipping person does not have 10 arms and does things as quickly as he can.

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

----------------------------------------------------

On his first email reply to me, this is one of the things he said:

----------------------------------

My customer service is top notch and I will ALWAYS take care of you. Before, During, and After purchase.

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

--------------------------------------

On this thread, this is what he said:

The bitterness of poor service lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.

Unfortunately, Matt has ignored emails that I sent to him today, yet he had time to post here on NSX Prime.

He has not offered any compensation or further customer service.
He has not apologized at all, or given any real reason why it was delayed.

ALSO:

He didn't give me the best price that he said he could.
I wanted a 35W DDM HID kit, the original price on his website was $170
I gave him a price comparison to Xenon Expert, and he lowered his price to $140 for me.

This was his email to me (First email)

xxxxxx,

The best that I can do is $140 + shipping. That would include the double sided tape and lifetime warranty. That 140 + shipping would include shipping that would get you the kit overnight.

That said, the 35w HID kit is not much brighter than the stock halogen bulbs. I would HIGHLY recommend that you order the 55w kit that I am offering at nsx.dabears2k.com. He is offering that kit as the race kit at $200 shipped + $25 for lifetime warranty. I am offering that at $218 shipped including lifetime warranty and overnight shipping. The 55w kit is much brighter than stock and you will be much happier.

My customer service is top notch and I will ALWAYS take care of you. Before, During, and After purchase.

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

On his website, HE LOWERED THE PRICE TO $130

http://dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=29

-----

As of 10:00PM PST Saturday Feb 23, 2008, Matt (Dabears2k) has ignored my emails and has not tried to contact me.

From all of the details above, I think all of you can see why I am angry, and why I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST purchasing from Matt (Dabears2k)

Matt, you had the time to check on NSX Prime and reply, how come you didn't reply to my email today?

FULL DETAILS:

Don is a 1 hour drive away from me, 1 way. Total of 74 miles away, round trip, and $15 worth of gas.

Because of this I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to receive the HID kit (ordered from Matt) on or before Friday February 22, 2008 because I was getting a scheduled appointment with Don on Saturday Feb 23, 2008.

I placed an order from Xenon Expert on Monday. As usual, sellers always have good communication before you buy a product from them, but after you pay them, communication suddenly dissappears.

I placed an order through Xenon Expert on Monday Feb 18, 2008. Oliver said that "If I order on Monday, I should get it on or before Friday", but he NEVER gave me 100% of his word that it would.
Because of this, I cancelled my order on Tuesday Feb 19, 2008 with Oliver. He was hesitant, and after the purchase, communication was bad, but he DID cancel the order as I requested.

I emailed Matt (Dabears2k) on the situation that I ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to get the HID kit ON or BEFORE FRIDAY 22, 2008, and I asked him what is the latest time I could order before it arrives on Friday.

>
>
>
> Matt
>
>
>
>
> Hello Matt,
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> xxxxxxxx

As you can see, Matt assured me that if I order by Thursday Feb 21, 2008 by noon, and I will get the HID kit by Friday Feb 22, 2008.

I paid Matt via Paypal almost immediately, on WEDNESDAY FEB 20, 2008 at approx 4:30PM

paypal.jpg

He emails me back this:

Fedex - 113324510008015

Thanks,

Matt

Needless to say, I WAS FURIOUS, but I wanted to give Matt a chance, and hear his explanation.

I had already told him that I needed the HID kit ON or BEFORE Friday, he SAID THAT HE WOULD DELIVER, yet he did not.

I checked that FedEX number, and what made me even MORE ANGRY was the fact that the HID kit WASN'T EVEN SHIPPED OUT UNTIL FRIDAY AFTERNOON!!!

Fedex.jpg

As you can see in the picture, THE HID KIT WASN'T EVEN SENT TO FEDEX UNTIL FRIDAY AFTERNOON AT 2:20PM!!!

This is my email to him:

Matt,

Unless I receive the HID set before 6pm PST, I will be forced to give you a negative review on NSX Prime.

-xxxxx

I cannot control what you do, but I have done my absolute best to get you the kit on time. Sometimes things are out of my control.

Matt

I do EVERYTHING in my power to get orders shipped the same day they are placed. Since you are in California, that means getting it the next day. Sometimes my shipping person cannot get every order boxed and prepared for shipment before Fedex arrives for the day.

I have made sure that your package will be delivered tomorrow as early as possible so that you will have it before you have to head to your mechanic's. Once again, I do everything in my power to get things out ASAP, but my shipping person does not have 10 arms and does things as quickly as he can.

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

The bitterness of poor service lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.

Unfortunately, Matt has ignored emails that I sent to him today, yet he had time to post here on NSX Prime.

ALSO:

I gave him a price comparison to Xenon Expert, and he lowered his price to $140 for me.

xxxxxx,

The best that I can do is $140 + shipping. That would include the double sided tape and lifetime warranty. That 140 + shipping would include shipping that would get you the kit overnight.

That said, the 35w HID kit is not much brighter than the stock halogen bulbs. I would HIGHLY recommend that you order the 55w kit that I am offering at nsx.dabears2k.com. He is offering that kit as the race kit at $200 shipped + $25 for lifetime warranty. I am offering that at $218 shipped including lifetime warranty and overnight shipping. The 55w kit is much brighter than stock and you will be much happier.

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

-----

As of 10:00PM PST Saturday Feb 23, 2008, Matt (Dabears2k) has ignored my emails and has not tried to contact me.

From all of the details above, I think all of you can see why I am angry, and why I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST purchasing from Matt (Dabears2k)

As I explained to you in ALL of the emails that I have sent to you in the past 24 hours, I do my absolute best to get all items out the same day they are ordered. My shipping person does only have 2 arms and he can only package as many kits as are humanly possible. Fedex comes to our location early in the afternoon and kits are packaged in the order that the orders are received. Your package went out AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. There are sometimes when things don't work out perfectly as planned and for that I am sorry.

I think that everyone else on here who has dealt with me will disagree with you 100% on your statements about me and my level of customer service.

As far as pricing goes, we were just informed by our supplier last night that our pricing had changed. When the supplier lowers pricing, so do we. We were not planning a pricing change, but it was given to us, so we pass it along to the end user. When you ordered your kit, that pricing was the best that we could do.

Once again, I apologize that you feel that you were slighted, but I can assure you we did and always do EVERYTHING in our power to serve the customer.

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

That was a pretty good reply i think . What I know is , the last email I sent to you know who was sent on 02/15/08 . I have heard nothing ! At least Matt got back to you . Not taking sides . I just wish I had a response to ANY of 7 or 8 emails since that date AND 2 sales I sent him . Ouch . I will keep an eye out in here to see how things go .
Congratulations to Matt for at least publicly apologizing . And Congratulations to Endless for speaking his mind . At least it is out in the open . AND another thumbs down for XE huh ? I am becoming more enlightened each day

As I explained to you in ALL of the emails that I have sent to you in the past 24 hours, I do my absolute best to get all items out the same day they are ordered. My shipping person does only have 2 arms and he can only package as many kits as are humanly possible. Fedex comes to our location early in the afternoon and kits are packaged in the order that the orders are received. Your package went out AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. There are sometimes when things don't work out perfectly as planned and for that I am sorry.

I think that everyone else on here who has dealt with me will disagree with you 100% on your statements about me and my level of customer service.

As far as pricing goes, we were just informed by our supplier last night that our pricing had changed. When the supplier lowers pricing, so do we. We were not planning a pricing change, but it was given to us, so we pass it along to the end user. When you ordered your kit, that pricing was the best that we could do.

Once again, I apologize that you feel that you were slighted, but I can assure you we did and always do EVERYTHING in our power to serve the customer.

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

I emailed you TWICE today, once in the morning, and once late afternoon, and you didn't reply to them.

Yet you had the time to go on NSX Prime and post.

You KNEW that I was upset, yet you ignored my emails. This made me even more angry.

-You basically gave me your word that the HID kit would arrive on Friday

-You and your shipper had almost 24hours to get the item out. I sent Paypal at 4:30PM Wednesday, and you needed it before Thursday Noon. That is a 17hour timeframe in between, that you could of shipped the item.

-Your shipper didn't even send it out till FRIDAY AFTERNOON, until AFTER I emailed about a tracking number

-Not counting weekend days, you said it takes 1 day to ship within California. You shipped on Friday 22, 2008 and the ETA for the item is Tuesday Feb 26th, 2008. Not counting weekends, that is a 3 day shipping time.

-You're not even bothering to offer any sort of compensation.
I need to put an additional:

1. Extra weekend morning to drive to my mechanics place. Total of 3 hours (2 hours driving, 1 hour of work)
2. Put an additional 74 extra miles on my NSX (Unless it is a fun cruise, no NSX owner wants to put an extra 74 "waste" miles on their car)
3. $15 worth of gas

You posted so quickly on NSX Prime to salvage your reputation, but you didn't even bother to email me back.

Matt, I TOLD you that I didn't want to post this up unless I absolutely had to, but you really gave me no choice. I wanted to deal with this and clear it up, or at least you take some responsibility for this and do something about it, but instead, you chose to IGNORE ME.

This is what you wrote in this thread:

Let me ask you this: Do you honestly believe you gave me good service AFTER I paid you via Paypal?

Endless.... Seriously man, you need to just chill out. Your expecting busy companies to cater and give their uptmost attention throughout the whole transaction of your purchase. I think the only problem here is that you are rushing everything here. If you really wanted to do the right thing, you should have planned this a little bit better, and maybe then you can bitch and whine about whatevers it is that has your panties in a bunch. What it all comes down to is, your expecting a company to immediately send you something that may not be in their control, they have a million more things to ship out too and cant always email or pick up the phone everytime you feel uneasy about your purchase making it on time.
Above all, i think its ridiculous of you to put a company down in the section that they have set up a group buy specifically for the "DDM 55w HID Kits" and not the 35 w kit. Give the company a break, did you install the HID's yet? I bet you'll be more than happy with the product that you have received in an outrageous two days.

FULL DETAILS:

>
>
>
> Matt
>
>
>
>
> Hello Matt,
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> xxxxxxxx

paypal.jpg

He emails me back this:

Fedex - 113324510008015

Thanks,

Matt

Fedex.jpg

This is my email to him:

Matt,

-xxxxx

Matt

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

ALSO:

xxxxxx,

Sincerely,

Matt
Dabears2k Performance

-----

Falkor: Wow, what a coincidence that:
-You used to own an NSX
-Wanted to buy from Xenon Expert but had a bad experience
-Joined NSX Prime in Feb 2008
-Found this thread about Dabears2k HID (specifically for the NSX) but are here to comment about it.

What a coincidence....

Matt: Thanks for giving me negative feedback.
I can't wait till the moderators of NSX Prime hear about this.

Endless.... Seriously man, you need to just chill out. Your expecting busy companies to cater and give their uptmost attention throughout the whole transaction of your purchase. I think the only problem here is that you are rushing everything here. If you really wanted to do the right thing, you should have planned this a little bit better, and maybe then you can bitch and whine about whatevers it is that has your panties in a bunch. What it all comes down to is, your expecting a company to immediately send you something that may not be in their control, they have a million more things to ship out too and cant always email or pick up the phone everytime you feel uneasy about your purchase making it on time.
Above all, i think its ridiculous of you to put a company down in the section that they have set up a group buy specifically for the "DDM 55w HID Kits" and not the 35 w kit. Give the company a break, did you install the HID's yet? I bet you'll be more than happy with the product that you have received in an outrageous two days.

You don't even see the point.

The point is, HE PRACTICALLY GAVE ME HIS WORD THAT IT WOULD ARRIVE.

If he simply said "Ok, it's not going to arrive on time" then fine, then I would cancel order.
That's what happened with Xenon Expert, so I cancelled my order. Xenon Expert told me that he wasn't 100% sure that it would arrive on time, that's a fair answer.

Matt (Dabears2k) said that it would arrive, and I gave him an extra 17hours on the time frame, yet he did not keep his word.

Part of my job is shipping and receiving, and to ship something DOES NOT TAKE MORE THAN 30 minutes MAX.

I ship items of all sizes to all around the USA and to Japan, of various sizes, large and small, and it doesn't take more than 30 minutes of time and paperwork. I do this at least once a week, sometimes daily.

Are you telling me that within the 17hour timeframe that he/his shipper couldn't find half an hour to ship an item? Please, spare me.

And if you read what I posted, the item has not arrived yet. From Fedex, it says that the HID kit won't arrive until Feb 26, 2008.

Not a coincidence
. I watch many forums . I just thought that when Oliver came in here to plead his case , I had to give some feedback on his company . That is all . Take what I say with a grain of salt . I was trying to help . Not hurt . I gave an honest review of my experience with XE . I do apologize to 2fastxeg and anyone else that thinks I came to put down someone . It was not my business until Oliver tried to tell you guys that he had that one problem with one person and it was an honest thing . Happened to me too . Not trying to take away from the buy . Just want to rebutt what XE had to say . As for you Matt . I have no clue but , I know I do not want a 55w kit . I may talk to you about a 35w though . I am already setup but , I am always looking to steal a decent kit .
And I can certainly see why Endless is upset . Personally , I would be too . That is a long time to get a kit delivered .

Endless man, even if you dont get it till the 26th, it doesn take a rocket scientist to install these HID's into your car. Seriously, all you have to do is connect the plugs that fit together and thats it, kinda like kindergarten when you stick the wood blocks into the square box. Be a man, and do it yourself. If you are bitchin about this, than maybe you shouldnt be driving the NSX. Regardless of your situation, dude, no big deal, you get it a little late and your mechanic cant put it in. Its not like its a timing belt or a piston set.

As for Falkor, man, no pun intended to you at all... Its this guy Endless that has issues.

2fastxeg: I shouldn't even be wasting my time replying to you, but I'll say this: Unlike you, I'm a man of my word, and when I say I will do something or get something done on time, I WILL GET IT DONE ON TIME.

Again, you've proved that you don't get it.

The extra miles, gas, time, that's all a SIDE ISSUE.

The MAIN issue that I'm angry about is that Matt (Dabears2k) practically gave me his word that it would arrive on time, yet it didn't.
Period. The end.

In addition to that, Matt purposely avoided my emails and contact.
I told him that I wanted to resolve this over emails, but he chose not to.

As for my transaction, I have a 91 NSX, ordered the kit on Feb.22 at 1am and received it on Feb.23 at 9:30am. I emailed Dabears2k and received replies that were exceptionally fast, considering the fact that the company can be busy too. I first saw this group buy at random and decided to purchase it after many apprenhensive postings to this HID kit. I felt confident in the pictures that this was a high quality product and decided to purchase, especially the awesome price. Installed the kit in 45 minutes and was off to enjoy the headlights. These lights are perfect. They light up the road really well, and are brighter than my e46 m3 HID's, and have a white color to them, not the bright BLUE. Here are some pics of the careful packaging and product installed. The OEM wire clip that usually clips to the light bulb, that wire has to be reversed when connecting to the HID wiring harness. So make sure that the black wire is hooked up to the red wire and vice versa. And on the clip bulb holder, make a slit in it so that the wires can pass through. Other than that, it was cake. TIP: its easier to install the HID's when you unbolt the four screws holding the headlight cover. Its on the sides of the cover. shoudl be 4 phillips screws. For the pictures.
2287182495_dc0d5e2f82_b.jpg

2287970456_93cb12a10e_b.jpg

2287970914_735d209dcd_b.jpg

2287972030_d570d99c57_b.jpg

2287185069_4f678b05ab_b.jpg

No Lights On
2287972972_d513451100_b.jpg

With Lights On
2287185923_f13320711a_b.jpg

I have to say . I ordered from Matt earlyyyyy this morning . His response to about 6 emails of mine have been extraordinarally fast !!! Still wondering if Oliver is even alive anymore . My order has shipped ! I am on the East coast so , I am waiting patiently , kind of . As stated before , I am new here and never came to buy another set . I did . So far so good . I will keep you posted . My buddy , also on the East coast that ordered from XE ordered his on Sunday the 17th and got it on the 26th . Personally , that is a bit slow but , Ground takes awhile .

Update:

The HID kit came in on Tuesday Feb 26th, from FedEX.
Not on Friday 22 or Saturday 23, like what Matt (Dabears2k) originally promised.

I had the kit installed on Saturday March 1 by my mechanic.
He cleaned up all the excess wiring from the previous owner.
Everything fit inside under the popup lamp area.

My original lighting was HID 6000
I ordered 35W DDM HID 4500

It is brighter, but less attractive looking. Personally I don't care about how lighting looks, safety is more important.
I didn't get the 55W kit because I wanted it to be 100% street legal.

The 4500 kit had slightly more useful amount of lighting, however the biggest improvement I felt, was that the light beam was noticibly WIDER. That is always a plus.

The product is good.
The customer service needs improvement.

This should be my final post/thoughts on this topic.

Back