• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denso Iridium Spark Plugs???

Have anyone tried the new Iridium Plugs on an NSX. I have a friend that has them on his Supra and told me that they do work very good

Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
Hi Enrique,

I have them in my NSX but don't feel any difference.

Andrie: Did you get the ones that comes in an HKS box or the Denso Package, also you said no difference,maybe they only last longer, Where did you buy them, I was quoted for the HKS ones $ 21.00 each

Enrique

Enrique, nothing to the subject, but your car is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen. PERIOD! you have really made it goodlooking without making it look overcustomized. WELL DONE!

I think they may be necessary for certain applications. With my NOS just being installed, Larry has recommended I install these HKS iridium spark plugs. I'm assuming they are necessary for that type of application. Going to cost me $31 each though, YOUCH.
redface.gif

That's what you get when you need something at the last minute and can't shop around.

$31/plug is obscene. Enrique said he was quoted $21 per. Even that is a lot of money.

You do not "need" $31 Iridum plugs. People have run nitrous for many, many years without them. If you want to run different temperature plugs w/ your Nitrous setup, just get different NGKs for $12 each (or less if you get a deal).

Are the Iridiums worthwhile due to extended life? Well, at $31/ea the break-even point vs. stock NGKs is around 150,000 miles...

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 16 May 2001).]

Rod Millen motorsports was the only place that could get them to me at the last minute. Are we talking about the same plugs?
My box says HKS super fire Racing. model # 5408-S40I.
You are probably right, these kind of plugs probably are not a necessity. I do recall reading somewhere that NOS requires a better type of plug and that stock won't do... I don't recall where.

Looks like I've got a set of 2 month old spark plugs for sale.
smile.gif
I'll post the type once I have them out. I know they are some kind of platinum plug.

You don't need "better" plugs (the stock NGK are excellent). On certain setups you want to run different TEMPERATURE plugs. That's all. NGK makes those as well. But it's your money, spend it as you please!

Back