• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Door Panel and Security System???

I removed my driver's door panel to remove a bad amp and while the panel was off, I closed my door and the security system locked the car. Hmmmm... Upon opening the door, the horn starts going off as I've tripped the alarm. No amount of fiddling with the remote buttons or putting the key in the ignition would kill the alarm till it reset on it's own some long minutes later!! :redface:

I can only assume that when I removed the door panel and disconnected the connector to the lock mechanism, the security system always sees it as a locked condition??? Is that correct? Anyone else have this problem?

After I got the panel back on, the security system works normally. I'd like to know what's going on as I need to go back in there to install some window fixit thingies and am deathly afraid of the horns going off again while I'm working on it. :eek:

I know I can disconnect the battery, but what fun would that be? :rolleyes:

Any suggestions?

kkim said:
So the security system activating and going off like that is normal when the door panel is removed?

Beats the hell out of me but removing the fuse will put an end to your misery.

Raise the hood before you start - alarm cannot arm while the hood is up therefor shouldn't trip if it hasn't been set.
I think you have a problem but that is simplest way to work around it.
May be the door lock sensor that is a known problem causing it (although not a typical signature of it) - look for the TSB.

Back