• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine glass closing issue

Dear All,

I am facing issue with my engine glass, it doesn't lock in position. To do a test I removed the engine cover and now the glass close perfectly. When the cover was off, I checked the alignment of the of the closing mechanism and it is Ok. I think the hook on the glass must be adjusted with shims so that it can engage with the bottom mechanism. For the trunk I notice that there are shims also in the Honda drawing and part list but no shims are shown in the part list for the glass. Has anyone of you faced this problem?
All the sealing gaskets are ok and all panels are perfectly aligned. I faced this problem since I replaced the glass struts. Maybe a coincidence but I don't see anything wrong...

Attachments

• PXL_20231025_144000208.jpg
    PXL_20231025_144000208.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20231025_144021068.jpg
    PXL_20231025_144021068.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 9
Are you using a new engine cover gasket? Many times, if you have replaced the engine cover gasket, the hatch will be hard to close. This is because the new rubber is stiff and doesn't compress as easily. On my car I have to give the glass a firm push to get the hook to engage the latch.

Another thing you can try is to loosen the engine cover hinge bolts and slide it towards the front of the car before tightening them again. Even a mm or two can be enough to give the hatch a little more room to close. When you changed the struts, you likely moved the hatch out of its original alignment.

Back