• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

eXcellon's 1991.02 NSX major update! Lots of pics

IMG_9737.JPG

What's the deal on the big variance in color on the front bumper from the rest of the car?

With real TE's being very expensive....I don't blame people for wanting to save money if there is an option and getting the same look.

3K+ wheels is hard to swallow with today's economy.

You can see prices here and 20's are mucho bucks a wheel! Just like my Pro-Mag wheels.....
http://upgrademotoring.com/wheels/te37.htm

You know, there are so many factors here - the cost of volks like this would be just under $3600 - the volks will take 6 mos. or more to arrive - the weight although lighter is not so much lighter... there is also the issue of geting a replacement wheel if you have to wait 6 mos. again -

Bottom line - I own one set of 19" varrstoen and 5 sets of Volks ranging from 15" - 19"

I don't really see them as the same thing - I've said this before - they are not in competition since those who are going to buy volk are not going to buy varrstoen.

I bought mine as a cheap set of wheels to mess around with - not everyone wants to strip and paint their volks but I can do whatever I want with the varrstoens and not worry.

Last edited:
much agreed, I could spend the difference on more parts for my NSX that I wouldn't spend normally. I'm going through my second set of hard-to-get, wait-6-months, expensive JDM wheels and I'll be the first to say I'm NOT excited about going through this again. Right on Wil.
You know, there are so many factors here - the cost of volks like this would be just under $3600 - the volks will take 6 mos. or more to arrive - the weight although lighter is not so much lighter... there is also the issue of geting a replacement wheel if you have to wait 6 mos. again -

Bottom line - I own one set of 19" varrstoen and 5 sets of Volks ranging from 15" - 19"

I don't really see them as the same thing - I've said this before - they are not in competition since those who are going to buy volk are not going to buy varrstoen.

I bought mine as a cheap set of wheels to mess around with - not everyone wants to strip and paint their volks but I can do whatever I want with the varrstoens and not worrry.

why not run a 2-3mm spacer?

i need to remove more than 2-3 mm ....and the wheels will be out of fender if i run spacer...

it's ok but i shaved a lot !!!

and i am sure if i completly remove this one, it's not a problem ..
because on many car the caliper haven't this parts

MikeCook-F.jpg

Last edited:
i need to remove more than 2-3 mm ....and the wheels will be out of fender if i run spacer...

it's ok but i shaved a lot !!!

and i am sure if i completly remove this one, it's not a problem ..
because on many car the caliper haven't this parts

How much exactly do you need to shave? You do have options. Maybe 5mm spacer and lower the car more to induce more negative camber? You can also go with a different tire such as a 265 or even 255 worse case.

Where did you buy your wheel with ofset +35???

QUOTE=jojo13;1362948]i have received my varrstoen in 18x8 et35 and 19x9.5 et 35
the rear wheels can't be fixed

because it rub on the rear caliper
i think this is where you have shaved .. but with the 9.5 et35 i need to shaved a lot

i need to shaved where it's red, you too ?

[/QUOTE]

Where did you buy your wheel with ofset +35???

QUOTE=jojo13;1362948]i have received my varrstoen in 18x8 et35 and 19x9.5 et 35
the rear wheels can't be fixed

because it rub on the rear caliper
i think this is where you have shaved .. but with the 9.5 et35 i need to shaved a lot

i need to shaved where it's red, you too ?

[/QUOTE]

I wish you guys would listen to me... I already said that the 19x9.5+35 CANNOT clear the rear calipers. - I did try it too.

You will need a wheel spacer and depending on how much clearance you need, it may effect the tire choice (you may not be able to run wider tires)

The 19x10.5 (machined to +29) will clear the caliper with only 2-3mm shaving of the caliper bracket in the spot you show.

you can use washers to stack under the wheel for test fitting, then measure them to see how big your spacer needs to be.

when i have ordered i am scared about the rubbing in the fender ...
because the 10.5 offset +29 is 19mm more near with fender than the 9.5 offset 35

but i don't think it will rubing on caliper ...

but if you shave the caliper yourself it will be ok

but i have experience about mecanics "do it yourself"

This is the problem, people do not usually understand wheels offset vs. width and tire size etc.

While it is true that the 10.5 +29 puts the EDGE OF THE RIM 19mm closer to the outer edge of the fender than a 9.5 +35 -

What people fail to take into account is that when mounted with the same size tire (let's say 265/30/19 for example) the actual tire tread will sit only 6mm futher outwards (which is not even extreme)

Let me put this another way - if you were to use a 9" +35 with 265 tire, it would place the tire tread in exactly the same spot as if you were to use the same tire on a 11" rim (with a small amount, maybe 2-3mm at most of width possibly added by the stretching of the tire) -

Therefore the 19x10.5 as seen here fits perfectly fine at +29 it could even be a little more aggressive depending on ride height and tire choice.

Last edited:
Back