• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

feb 17 alpha day PIR

Its raining...and my car is on the lift at Acura of Portland having mods done...
Doh...

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

Whats up Edo? I have slapped on the straight pipes to help you hear the worthyness of my exhaust. Ought to be a bit better, like your supertrapp. I'll have to give that bad boy a listen. Doing the nitrous mod and brake splash gaurd removal now. Contemplating the crossdrilled rotors. I do need new pads. Probably go RM. What do recomend there?

What are they doing to your ride?

We should set up a parts discount at Acura Portland with membership to the northwest NSX club. I think I will be taking my ride over there for the short gears and possibly 4.23 nsxr R&P. I am doing the calculation to see if the short gears and R&P is worth it given the increase in HP I will get from the Nitrous. I have to get a better idea of gear switch time.

Originally posted by Edo:
Its raining...and my car is on the lift at Acura of Portland having mods done...
Doh...

------------------
Red 91 B&B

My bad boy is having SS brake lines done, and COmptech Carbon Kevlar Pads, and the Dali 4 point harness bar. I'm also having the Comptech Coilover Kit done, and I'm working with Race central to put together a Brake kit for under 2K

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust
Comptech SS Brake Lines
Comptech Carbon-Kevlar Brake Pads
Dali Harness bar and 4 point Harness
Comptech Coilovers (Coming soon)

Yeah, I noticed that race central would custom make alumunum hats and order some cheap replacement rotors. Are you looking at fitting on some willwood calipers?

I'm dyno'ing my Viper tommorrow. The BMW club is 2/24/01, right? Is it the same procedure as the Alpha club: Show up at 8:00 am with a blank check and a SNELL helmet?

------------------
Red (w/ red top) '91. Comptech Supercharger. RM headers. Comptech exhaust. Short ratio gears. Ring and pinion swap. RM racing suspension. 18/17 wheels/tires.

'98 Viper GTS. Red with no stripes. Stock.

I'm dyno'ing my Viper tommorrow. The BMW club is running 2/24/01, right? Is it the same procedure as the Alpha club: Show up at 8:00 am with a blank check and a SNELL helmet?

------------------
Red (w/ red top) '91. Comptech Supercharger. RM headers. Comptech exhaust. Short ratio gears. Ring and pinion swap. RM racing suspension. 18/17 wheels/tires.

'98 Viper GTS. Red with no stripes. Stock.

Originally posted by scott:
Yeah, I noticed that race central would custom make alumunum hats and order some cheap replacement rotors. Are you looking at fitting on some willwood calipers?

Thats what I'm thinking about. How are the Wilwood cailpers? The Rotor's are Powerslot's, the same as Dali sells..so that part I'm not worried about but I dont know anything about Wilwood...Anybody know anything?

I don't know much about the wilwood calipers. They are light. I would imagine you would need some kind of bracket? The superlight III looks cool. It can take a 13" rotor if you go that big.

I just ordered the slotted stock disks from Dali.

Hey guys! I just got back from being on the road for 3 weeks (Kauai yesterday surfing). I forgot about the BMW meet today. Anybody take pics to post?

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Someone in FL is designing a front kit with the Wilwood calipers. They need special mounts and hats for the rotors.

I'm very happy with my TAROX kit from Dali. TAROX 6-pot front kit w/ Powerslot rears and Hawk black pads.

Why don't you guys come up for the next Seattle monthly club lunch, and I'll demo?

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
I'm very happy with my TAROX kit from Dali. TAROX 6-pot front kit w/ Powerslot rears and Hawk black pads.

Why don't you guys come up for the next Seattle monthly club lunch, and I'll demo?

-- Chris

Chris where is Tarox located in Italy? I'm working with Fiat and will be back there in April timeframe.

Last meeting with them one of the SVPs ask me what I do for fun... I showed him a few pictures.... he said that they're going to have to take me the Ferrari plant for a special tour and drive around the track. Then said if I'm going to work with them they might need me to drive an Italian car versus the NSX.

I told them that would be fine if they could help me out with 2 issues - price and local guy who can maintan it without it costing a small fortune.
biggrin.gif

When the next meeting in Seattle?

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Back