• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender Well Clips

Sorry for delay guys ...... been busy week!

I got the initially listed part number originally from pbassjo

The clips are not identical - They are slightly longer (not a bad thing) and the diameter of the button is a little smaller. The diameter of the shaft is correct in that it is for an 8mm hole. They seem to fit OK though and appear to be quite robust but not absolutely the correct part.

The box actually has the Honda part # on it too but this number 91505-SL0-003 is actually for a different location on the body - to fasten the cowl top under the hood (the large plastic trim just in front of the wipers)

Clip-link was unable to supply the actual Honda part number cross-reference - I don't think they actually hold these in stock but deliver to order from the manufacturer, Au-ve-co. I am attempting to get the appropriate exact part # from the original manufacturer and waiting for a reply from their customer service.

Edit: OK guys, did a bit of research on various Auveco suppliers site & finally found the correct part which is Auveco N16782 at Northland Fasteners
This description & more importantly the part number line up perfectly.
Also, this supplier should be better for those wanting small lots - available in boxes of 5 for $6.

However these are still better deal for volume at
ClipLink at $15 for box of 25. However you will need to buy two boxes to meet minimum order.

This one from Fastener Warehouse is only $7 for 25 - not a specific cross-reference on the part number but description is similar - 8mm hole, 20mm head 15mm length. $10 minimum.

If you want to search further, I found the following equivalent part numbers:
Auveco - 16782
Lee Fastener - P0614
Disco - 9390
CarPak - 95-7462

Pictures below are original compared to the initially referenced (incorrect) one.

Attachments

• clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 251
  • clipbox.jpg
    clipbox.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
My clips just showed up today from the fastener warehouse. I got 25 of em for $7. It's amazing. I'm so happy!

Thanks a ton for the link!!!!!!

DrVolkl said:
My clips just showed up today from the fastener warehouse. I got 25 of em for $7. It's amazing. I'm so happy!

Thanks a ton for the link!!!!!!

I just got them too! They work great. however it is a $10 order so I order some electical solderless connectors to meet minimum.

On a side note, I noticed that Downforce has the clips for sale as well...not sure how the price stacks up....just saw them while I was looking for other stuff.

DrVolkl said:
On a side note, I noticed that Downforce has the clips for sale as well...not sure how the price stacks up....just saw them while I was looking for other stuff.
Ummm .... $3.35 a pair!

Hi guys,

i'm trying to place all the missing clips and screws on the inner fender. i don't know how they are missing but on the front right side b/c one is missing, the tire ate/rubbed a big chunck of the inner fender. now i also need to buy the inner fender and all just for one stupid clip :mad:

i look on the body repair manual and it shows on one side 14 clips and 4 screws, (usually these drawings are not precise).
i look on the parts catalog and it shows 46 clips, guess 23 per side and 6 screw tapping 5x16, 3 per side (normally i use this as a better reference).
last, i look at the inner fender and cover-inner fender (the later is attached by these same clips to the inner fender) and i find only 21 holes.

now the question is , how many clips do i really need ?? i just don't want to miss any of them and cause another damage b/c of it.

also, how many and out of all the holes, where the screw goes ?? in one drawing, it shows the screws on the first 4 holes starting at the side skirt but the parts catalog only mention 3 per side, and in any case i can't place a screw after the second hole on the side skirt ?? so, is it 4, 3 or 2??

thanks for any help, can anyone post a picture of the inner fender, front and rear view, please. :smile:

Antonio

Last edited:
Look at response #27 & #28 and order them from the Fastener warehouse yourself. Order 2 packs of 25 for around $15 plus shipping and you'll have all you need. The dealer wants over $3 a piece for these same clips. Go through all the fender wells and they'll be ready for the next 5 years. The ones that need screws should be obvious. They will have a nylon (white) screw fastner already in the body panel where the screw goes in. There should be no screw in the body or fender panels without some form of nylon screw insert in them. The other places where the clips go into are nice round holes. Acura doesn't want any form of steel to aluminum contact in these areas due to corrosion potential. Good luck.

Al T.

Thanks ATERPAK,

i was about to edit my post, yes, i will put a clip in every hole that is left after placing the screws. by the way, i'm refering to the front fender. the only problem for me is where to put the screws. to my luck, nowhere in the fender body panel there is a nylon screw fastner, not a single one !! I just finished removing the tire, inner fender and water pressure cleaned it. looking closely, it seems there should be two screw fastners on the side skirt and only there.

Could anyone take a look at their inner fender and describe me how many and where do you see a screw ??

thanks again.

Here's what my car has.

Front - both sides: The very bottom rear on the outside of the fender well there are one outer and one inner screw. They seem to be going into the side skirt only which is made of plastic.

Rear - both sides: Three outer screws if you count from the bottom up on the front part of the fender well. The bottom two go into the side skirt and the third one goes into the fender panel which is aluminum. One screw on the rear outer part of the fender well which is also going into the fender panel. All other fasteners use the pastic clips to hold the fender well liner in.

The screws which go into the fender panels definitely need to have that nylon screw insert to fill the hole in the panel. That may have to come from the dealer. I'm not sure why you are missing all of these however. I've never seen one lost in normal use.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Al

thanks Very Much ATERPAK,

don't know either why they are missing, probably b/c years ago i had an accident and the car was painted completely, they had to removed all inner fenders, also both rear fenders where replaced.

thanks again for taking the time to go and see.

Antonio

Last edited:
I just noticed some clips missing today when I changed my wheel out. I was about to go to the dealer to get some. Thanks Prime :)

Back