• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally getting ready to buy a NSX; VIN:jh4na1152mt001897, JH4NA1152MT001155

Hi all, new to the forum as a member but have been scanning the NSX for sale threads for a while. I think I am finally in a position to pull the trigger and wanted members opinions on two that I was looking at. My budget is about $30K so that means I am okay with high mileage.

The first is in the market place here on NSX Prime. VIN jh4na1152mt00189- This is close to my home in Indianapolis so I can go take a look at it this Monday. Anyone have any thoughts on this car?

The second I saw on Cars.com :VIN JH4NA1152MT001155 link is http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20001&sf1Dir=DESC&aff=national&listType=1

This car is in Arizona so I would not be able to see it personally. I did talk with the dealer and that sent me the Carfax. It does show an accident in 1993 with front end damage the summary does not show any structural damage. I would likely have to buy this unseen if go with this one which makes me nervous.

I would love input on suggested offer prices, specific questions to ask etc...

Direct link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...105K-VIN-jh4na1152mt001897-ALL-RECORDS!!-LOOK!!!

Black/Black
"1 owner from 1991-2007" - does that mean there were 5 more owners from 2007-now? What a weird phrase.
It is missing the front lip. Not uncommon, but something you are going to want to address.
Looks "mostly stock" with a few common tweaks like a shorty antenna, different shift knob
Has some wear and tear, but to be expected for the miles (missing plastic piece by the clock for example)

Red/Black
Significantly more modded, which to me can be a bad sign depending on how you feel. Someone has definitely been monkeying with that engine.

Whichever you choose - get an EXPERIENCED mechanic to look at them and be prepared to drop another $5-8k on "problems" that may arise. Of course, a good PPI can help you negotiate the price accordingly. While it is fine for YOU not to see the car, make sure someone who knows what they are looking at does give the car a good look.

The first dealer listing (jh4na1152mt001897) looks like it wasn't well taken care of and sat outside (missing front lip, fender liners hanging, rusted bolts under hood, cowl is faded, engine compartment has rusted bolts, faded rear engine hatch garnish). Not worth the $31k if you ask me. here is a previous for sale thread on prime: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/171997-1991-blk-blk-102k-24-5k-jh4na1152mt001897?highlight=jh4na1152mt001897

The second appears to be in better shape on the inside and outside, but then there's the accident. Either one definitely get a PPI done by someone qualified.

I think both cars are priced a little high and there are/will be better cars for the money. Ask yourself what your goals are with the car. Do you want a clean title car that will be easier to sell later? Do you want to modify the car heavily?

Last edited:
Direct link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...105K-VIN-jh4na1152mt001897-ALL-RECORDS!!-LOOK!!!

Black/Black
"1 owner from 1991-2007" - does that mean there were 5 more owners from 2007-now? What a weird phrase.
It is missing the front lip. Not uncommon, but something you are going to want to address.
Looks "mostly stock" with a few common tweaks like a shorty antenna, different shift knob
Has some wear and tear, but to be expected for the miles (missing plastic piece by the clock for example)

Red/Black
Significantly more modded, which to me can be a bad sign depending on how you feel. Someone has definitely been monkeying with that engine.

Whichever you choose - get an EXPERIENCED mechanic to look at them and be prepared to drop another $5-8k on "problems" that may arise. Of course, a good PPI can help you negotiate the price accordingly. While it is fine for YOU not to see the car, make sure someone who knows what they are looking at does give the car a good look.

I thought the 1 owner thing was a bit strange too. I talked with the dealer and it sounds like someone is interested and getting a PPI done today. Told her to call me if it doesn't sell. If the guy gets a PPI and doesn't buy it I would think it a bit suspicious. I will see the black/black one probably on Monday. Thanks.

The silver one that just popped on prime is pretty amazing. Especially for the condition, maintenance and price. I don't expect that one to last very long.

Silver one sold already!! Not surprised I guess. Guess I'll keep looking. If anyone see something please let me know. I'll keep checking this thread.

Black one is my car. It is a very solid 'driver' I put in the description 1 owner for such a long period of time, because its nice to know that the majority of its life it was cared for by one person, and the acura dealership. If your looking for something showroom, this isn't it. But overall it does look great and drive as an NSX should, and have all the service records. I dropped the price to $29,950.
Cheers,
Dan

Back