• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grand-Am ROLEX Series at Mid Ohio - I'm driving #93 BMW

Hey guys,

I'll be driving the #93 (Yellow/Blue) Turner Motorsports BMW M3 in the Grand-Am Rolex GT class this saturday at Mid-Ohio. The race will be aired live on SPEED. Check it out!

Billy

Billy, we'll be there to Flag all weekend.....it'll be nice to have someone to root for!

Brian

Good luck, Billy! I'll be watching on the telly, Wifey will be flagging (with sca037 and nsx gal).
Interested to hear your thoughts on the track at Mid-O sometime....

Good luck Billy. And if you run into (hopefully not actually run into on the track) CJ Wilson #5 driver Steve McAleer tell him that you heard he got beat in karting by a 15 year old girl named Paige.

best of luck....you have strong cars under you with solid teams....

best of luck....you have strong cars under you with solid teams....
Thanks, we are going to need it after today's practice.

1 mustang in the top 15 (me -10th). It's pretty tough when there is this much rule inequality for the Mustangs. 60lbs heavier than BMW/Camaro. 195 over Aston Martin, 260 over Porsche, and 510 lbs heavier than Nissan. Then losing 500rpm for this year was a double-blow that we can't seem to overcome. All in a solid-axle car. We're still trying hard but it's an uphill battle.

yikes..I did not know about all that reward:rolleyes: penalty against the Fords....510 lbs over the 370 is huge...and how does porsche get away 260 lbs lighter....you guys should just have a passenger....heck sell race rides ....could be good money for the team:eek: from watching your races you are a gentleman....If I owned a team I would seek you out.

what......he found true love:biggrin: better be a niece of Roush:wink:

So far a wreck-fest

:frown:

First half an hour of the race more yellow flag time than green flag time. One car burned/destroyed.
#93 BMW into the grass at the keyhole.... but back on O K.
Looks like showers are moving in. Wifey is flagging at turn four near China Beach.

Billy, you and the #9 Camaro put on one heck of a show.....that's for sure!

It looks like they need to take a few pounds back out of the Mustang, for how hard you were having to "work for it".

Brian

Unfortunately it was not a good weekend for me.

In the #61 Mustang, we had to make an extra stop because the car was overheating, then we ran the red light on pit-exit and had to serve a 60 second penalty forcing us to take a 19th place finish.

In GT, we were hit early on and had to pit off-sequence. Fortunately the team found the problem in the car that plagued it all weekend during testing for the race. Unfortuantely this meant the setup wasn't ideal and we ended up finishing 6th holding off a very fast Ferrari. Our teammate Auberlen won the race in the #94 that I will be driving in with him and Paul next weekend at the 6 Hours of the Glen.

Be sure to catch my race THIS weekend, Sunday the 22nd at 5pm on ESPN for my NASCAR Nationwide race at Road America in the #16 Ford EcoBoost mustang!

I watched the race on and off (on Tivo ....) but I must have missed seeing the issues you were having - except for one off excursion about midway? and not sure who the driver was. Auberlen drove a fantastic race defending his position the last 10-15 minutes.

Back