• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help needed! Accident/Diminished Value of my NSX!

Hello Prime family, need some help/opinions. A young college kid ran into my Nsx a few months back and have been having a hard time getting the at faults insurance(Statefarm) to do the right thing. To briefly describe the damage, my Nsx was pretty much side swiped at about 45mph. The damage called for a replacement quarter panel, replacement door shell, and a repair to the fender. All on the RT side of the car. The repair cost was 30k, insurance only paid 18k. I'm preparing docs to take this deficiency to court as we speak. The question that I have for you guys is what would be fair dollar amount to argue for diminished value in court?? The reality of the situation is, my car is worth less now that its been involved in an accident(that wasn't my fault) What would you guys do? Anyone on prime I should Pm directly?

Vehicle details: 1995 Nsx/Berlina Black/5speed/114k miles/NO ACCIDENTS PRIOR TO THIS ONE

Lets discuss, any help is appreciated

How is it possible that the repair cost is $30k, but they only paid $18k? Did you pay out of pocket to fix it first? What was the original estimate?

Also if you got an estimate for $30k in damage and the other insurance company is giving you the run around, you could have gone with your own insurance. This is usually less of a hassle because your insurance company works for you and the bill is eventually going to the at fault parties insurance anyway. Yes, you would pay your deductible up front, but your insurance company would usually recover the deductible when they recover the accident cost from the other parties insurance. This typically takes a year, but I'd rather be out $500 for a year than deal with that mess.

Last edited:
Back